The Official Good Television Thread

It takes an odd sense of humor. Brendan Small is an odd character, but I enjoy his stuff, I love Metalocalypse, and Home Movies was really good too.

Find the episode when they go to Finland, the part in the Black Metal record shop is hilarious, and would be enjoyed by every fan of metal.

I'll probably give it another go one of these days and maybe try to find that episode, but my hopes aren't high. It didn't click with me at all.

In other news, the new season of Big Love has just started and judging by the first episode, it's going to be an absolute corker. FINALLY some proper quality viewing.

New season of Breaking Bad is happening soon as well. Can't wait.

Any Canadians here watch the show Mantracker? It's on OLN and is a reality show that has an Albertan cowboy try to track and catch a pair of people in the wilderness before they reach a certain goal. It's actually a lot of fun to watch. Two of my friends are going to try to get on and consider it's a show on OLN in Canada that plays at midnight, I think they have a pretty good shot.

Speaking of something that used to be good television, The Office (US) is running out of gas. It's like they don't even write jokes in the script anymore. Even a dud episode of 30 Rock still has a few big laughs in it. The Office has been lucky to bring one great gag to any episode this year, or at least since Holly left.

I haven't seen the past two episodes, but I still like it even when it's not funny because I've been caught up in the drama. A friend of mine described it as "a soap opera for dudes". Of course I'd prefer if it was funny too.

People need to get on board with The L Word. I know I've mentioned it before. It's a really good, versatile show. I watched an episode tonight, and I don't think I've ever been so entertained by an hour of television. Just great. Funny, moving, and a good dose of hot lesbian scenes.

I stopped after three episodes, couldn't stand anymore of it. The girlfriend is excruciatingly annoying.

Finally got around to properly watching Six Feet Under, starting at the beginning. Had only seen a few episodes before. So awesome.

Yea, Two and a Half Men is great. Somewhat predictable, but I love it.
The War at Home is really good too. Trying to recapture the charm of Married with Children and not always succeeding, but nonetheles, a fun show.