The Official Good Television Thread

Seinfeld is truly a great show. It's timeless.

I'm really getting into Arrested Development. The humor in that show is amazing. Jason Bateman's character (Michael) is great. His lines are simple, but the way he delivers them is perfect.

there's one in the beginning for a few minutes I guess, then at the like 21minute mark :lol:

I watched that show so many fucking times I know the commercial times, how messed up

The average "half-hour" show in America is usually about 22 and a half minutes, DarkBliss. Commercial breaks are usually between 2 and 4 minutes long.

You want an irritating sitcom- Everybody Loves Raymond.All the characters have such squeaky voices, that it just drives me crazy.

Uh, what? Are you watching a dubbed over version of it or something...?

Though I will agree that it's a fairly annoying show. The reason being that his wife is just such an insufferable bitch.

There is more to Seinfeld than the simple jokes and physical comedy. It really does have a lot more depth than any other sitcom, well, pretty much ever. Of course it also helps if you live in the tristate area and understand the general nature of the show as well, but it really is not a show aimed at stupid people. Stupid people may laugh, but chances are they're not getting all of it. I know that I missed a lot back when it was actually on and I was young, but watching it now, I can appreciate it a lot more.

Even though I was never too crazy about Seinfeld (I really don't like Jerry Seinfeld), I'm inclined to agree with most of this assessment. However, as far as having more depth than any other sitcom, I disagree. I think The Office (UK) beats it in that department.

tbqh that show was unoriginal 5shows in, same basic outline with different minute details..never saw the huge craze for that show

Uh, what? Are you watching a dubbed over version of it or something...?

Though I will agree that it's a fairly annoying show. The reason being that his wife is just such an insufferable bitch.

Well, I mean, most of the characters on the show have the tendency
to sound unnaturally high-pitched and pootsie-mootsie like, you know, and their acting as a result comes off as just fake and insincere, you know. :p(excluding Ray's brother's voice, his is just stupidly hoarse).

There is more to Seinfeld than the simple jokes and physical comedy. It really does have a lot more depth than any other sitcom, well, pretty much ever. Of course it also helps if you live in the tristate area and understand the general nature of the show as well, but it really is not a show aimed at stupid people. Stupid people may laugh, but chances are they're not getting all of it. I know that I missed a lot back when it was actually on and I was young, but watching it now, I can appreciate it a lot more.
None of this helps the fact that the show sucks.

Seinfled is a complex show in the way the comedy is entwined with the plot. Like for instance, george will sleep under his desk with an alarm clock. His plan backfires when his boss waits (for hours) in his office while he is in there sleeping. So he calls jerry asking him to call in a bomb threat at his work. His plan backfires when his boss thinks the ticking in his desk is the actual bomb. So, his boss gets a robot with a chian saw and cuts the wooden desk in two. Now george's desk is now a fold out plastic table. No more sleeping, lol

you see? compare that to a show like family guy where the comedy is short and to the point. Alot easier for morons to understand. Probably why family guy is such a hit in this hick country of ours.

umm....

Aqua teen hunger force > family guy, nuff said.

Seinfeld is a show built on irony.

In that episode he asks for hat day :lol:

"Thanks jerry, now I have to figure out the average hat size for 50,000 Yankee fans!" :lol: