The Official Good Television Thread

Yes, but those are from readers. Haven't heard it from a single person who only watches the show. That's why i made it clear that i was referring to the people who exclusively watch the show.

Then I misunderstood you.

I doubt he's Roberts. But yeah there's a little room for them to take it in other directions for sure. And if im not mistaken, Jon Snow's hair is brown not black...

Fullscreen-capture-25112015-170404-550x550.jpg

I would definitely call that black hair. Compare with Ned, Robb and Lyanna and you'll see the Stark-ish brown.

ned-stark-970x545.jpg

horses___robb_stark_by_alucardvampiregirl-d8oy8yk.jpg

(couldn't find a picture of her in Tower of Joy)
image.jpg

Compare that to Jon and Robert.
game-of-thrones-hbo-king-robert-baratheon-thumb.jpg

We've had a few black+browns in our family and every single one of them had children with brown hair and brown eyes. My mom has brown hair and my dad has black hair ... what color would you guess my hair is?

Well that depends on what you consider to be black or brown hair. But I guess your point is that you've brown hair? I think they refer the hair and genes more to the GoT-universe, not real life since my mother are blonde and my father have black hair and I ended up with brown hair. According to a theorist, Robert were confronted in season 1 if Joffery, Tommen and Mycella really were his children since they all were blond and black hair were supposed to be the stronger gene (which I do not remember). But it's just a theory that would amuse me if it were true because then Jon would not be a bastard and actually have rights to the throne after his father Robert instead of the 3 bastard children with incest parents.

Well that depends on what you consider to be black or brown hair. But I guess your point is that you've brown hair? I think they refer the hair and genes more to the GoT-universe, not real life since my mother are blonde and my father have black hair and I ended up with brown hair. According to a theorist, Robert were confronted in season 1 if Joffery, Tommen and Mycella really were his children since they all were blond and black hair were supposed to be the stronger gene (which I do not remember). But it's just a theory that would amuse me if it were true because then Jon would not be a bastard and actually have rights to the throne after his father Robert instead of the 3 bastard children with incest parents.

lol wtf. No, has nothing to do with me. My point is that your whole take on black hair(which its not, its clearly brown in the pic i posted, maybe your eyes dont work right)=Baratheon is just nonsense. And you were the one relating it to real life by mentioning dominant genes and whatnot. But whatever.

So you're telling me me that Snows hair in the picture i posted is more closer to Roberts hair than RobbStarks hair? All you did with those pics is prove exactly what i was saying ... that his hair is brown, like the Starks.

lol wtf. No, has nothing to do with me. My point is that your whole take on black hair(which its not, its clearly brown in the pic i posted, maybe your eyes dont work right)=Baratheon is just nonsense. And you were the one relating it to real life by mentioning dominant genes and whatnot. But whatever.

So you're telling me me that Snows hair in the picture i posted is more closer to Roberts hair than RobbStarks hair? All you did with those pics is prove exactly what i was saying ... that his hair is brown, like the Starks.

Whatever you say. Jon's hair is obviously black.

Fullscreen-capture-25112015-170404-550x550.jpg

jon-snow-hair-810x455.jpg

kit-harington-wimbledon-gi.jpg

He has the exact same hair color as i do, dark brown. But there are also a shit load of pictures of him where his hair looks solid black, or maybe its the lighting(or lack of) ... so i'll give you that.

For me it's, picture #1: black, picture #2: black and picture #3: dark brown. So it might be the lighting.

What i meant was lack of lighting would make his brown hair look black in some of the pics(none of the ones i posted though), but im still honestly dumbfounded that you think his hair is black in those pics i posted, especially the first one.

I think you guys need to like go outside. For fresh air. Because I'll bet money the directors weren't 'splitting hairs' like this over a specific color variant. Build up your theories with more credible evidence.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
I'm talking about your cringe-worthy analysis of hair colors, taunto. The whole black vs brown thing holds no water as far as the show is concerned.

The whole black vs brown thing holds no water as far as the show is concerned.

But did i say it did? Wasn't relating it to anything that has to do with the show. I was just pointing out that Jon Snows hair is brown, not black. Check Yo Self ...

And if we should dwell on your nonsensical spouting, than i can most definitely say you're wrong. The color of hair is very important in the GoT universe. Did you miss the part in season one where they fucking pulled out a book which had the hair and eye colors of everyone from each family? But yeah this isnt some show that pays attention to every little detail ... it's just GoT, where the writers dont pay attention to shit like that, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Beyond hair color, why in the fuck would Jon be Robert's son? That isn't compelling storytelling at all. The Baratheons are all dead, nobody is gonna be championing Jon because he's the bastard of a failed userper. If that were the case, they could just bring back Gendry

On the other hand, if Rhegar is his father, it means Jon is Ice (Stark) and fire (Targaryen) and thus as the centerpoint of the whole saga. Don't overcomplicate it.

Also, since Targaryens wed Targaryens things seem set for Dany to wed Jon.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
So I've been watching Brooklyn Nine Nine and it is hilarious. Binge watched two and a half seasons so far. Just over halfway through season three.