The official metal 2010 thread!

AMORPHIS
Majestic Beasts - Tales from the Early Years

Compilation CD, fall 2010

This compilation will include 12 re-recorded tracks from the first three albums with Tomi Joutsen on vocals. Confirmed tracks so far:

Vulgar Necrolatry
My Kantele
Song of the Troubled One
Light My Fire (The Doors cover)

Since Esa Holopainen told the songs are mostly those that have been played live in the Joutsen era, here are some likely candidates for the rest of the tracklist (only speculation as of now):

Exile of the Sons of Uisliu
Sign from the North Side
Into Hiding
The Castaway
Black Winter Day
Magic & Mayhem
Against Widows
On Rich and Poor

AMORPHIS
Majestic Beasts - Tales from the Early Years

Compilation CD, fall 2010

This compilation will include 12 re-recorded tracks from the first three albums with Tomi Joutsen on vocals. Confirmed tracks so far:

Vulgar Necrolatry
My Kantele
Song of the Troubled One

Very interesting...good songs also.

Does anyone know if The Rise and Fall of Mankind by Green Carnation is going to get released this year?

June releases:

05.06 Nidingr - Wolf Father
07.06 Watain - Lawless Darkness
07.06 Circle Of Dead Children - Psalm Of The Grand Destroyer
08.06 Kingdom Of Sorrow - Behind The Blackest Tears
08.06 Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle, Part 2
08.06 Whitechapel - A New Era Of Corruption
10.06 Mekong Delta - Wanderer On The Edge Of Time
14.06 Grave - Burial Ground
18.06 Equilibrium - ReKreatur
18.06 Mastercastle - Last Desire
21.06 Witchery - Witchkrieg
22.06 Angelus Apatrida - Clockwork
22.06 Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth
22.06 Yakuza - Of Seismic Consequence
23.06 Prosanctus Inferi - Pandemonic Ululations Of Vesperic Palpitation
28.06 Severe Torture - Slaughtered
28.06 The Dead - Ritual Executions
28.06 Bonded By Blood - Exiled To Earth
28.06 Demians - Mute
29.06 Korn - Korn III - Remember Who You Are
30.06 Edenbridge - Solitaire

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-The-Dragon/dp/B003FUVP1A/[/ame] CHECK THIS OUT TELL ME WHAT YA THINK

Manticora - Safe (Power Metal with hints of Prog & Thrash; Nightmare Records) - Sep 21st 2010.

Pretty excited about this. Manticora haven't released a bad album, but also haven't released anything super mindblowingly spectacular yet. Fingers crossed for this one. Faster, darker and heavier with a 14 minute title track sounds promising, although if I had a dollar for every time a band said their next album was going to be heavier and faster, I'd be a squillionaire by now.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141536

So I feel so behind this year; in summary, what has been really worthwhile this year for metal? I have Ares Kingdom, Burzum, Divine Eve, Hooded Menace, Hour of 13, Negura Bunget, Triptykon, and a few random others, all of which I need to give more listens to, but it really seems to pale in comparison to 2009's superior supply of metal in Beherit, Teitanblood, Revelation, Weapon, Katharsis, Ignivomous, Slugathor, Embrace of Thorns, Bastardator, Blut Aus Nord etc. etc.

Been playing Interment - Into the Crypts of Blasphemy a lot since I got it. Awesome as hell Swedish OSDM. The drum sound is absolutely killer, and it's pretty much a relentless assault of riffs.

If you like aggressive Swedish death metal, highly suggest getting it.

oh and..

Coming soon: Vasaeleth/Vorum 7" split - Profane Limbs of Ruinous Death! Was supposed to be released this month but they had some issues with the artwork or something. Was just informed that they have got everything up and running again so it won't be long now.

Can't wait! :D

Just been checking out the revamped Cruz Del Sur website,it's looking great and i'm thinking i need that Pharoah/Canvas Solaris-Tribute To Coroner split,also the Atlantean Kodex re-issue will also be a purchase,it has four bonus tracks :yow: