The official metal 2010 thread!

Primordial will have a new album out in September hopefully, they also have a DVD release and a remaster of Spirit The Earth Aflame. The DVD is scheduled to be released March 10th.

Hell yeah its gonna be sweet! I'll probably skip the remastered Spirit the Earth Aflame but the DVD is a definite must buy!

263570.jpg

Unleashed - As Yggdrasil Trembles

New Borknagar track up. I do not like.

http://www.myspace.com/borknagar

Eh, it's not that great. Why do they feel the need to cram their songs full of such weird chord progressions that make them seem complex but add nothing to the music? They did it all throughout Epic and it just drains the music of any hope of being interesting.

I like the bridge of that song (if you can call it that). That's the best part.

I'm listening to the new Orphaned Land album on youtube. It's absolutely amazing, better than I thought and better than Mabool.

Nothing relating to an album, but still great news:

Dave Ellefson rejoins Megadeth:

MEGADETH founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to Megadeth’s upcoming historic month-long Rust In Peace 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, Megadeth will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album Rust In Peace in its entirety, in addition to other Megadeth favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness,” Mustaine says. “David Ellefson belongs in Megadeth. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and Megadeth band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group’s current CD Endgame, which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band’s career.

"We'd like to thank James LoMenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/131904

FUCK YES!

kiuass%20WEB.jpg

THE NEW ALBUM is now ready, and hence the long months of work with it is finally over. The fourth KIUAS record will be called "LUSTDRIVEN" and date of release is the 31st of March (in Finland, other countries TBA) via Spinefarm Records. The will be also limited VINYL edition available. Pre-order info coming soon.

The CD was produced by Janne Joutsenniemi, who previously worked with the band on the pre-production of their last album, "The New Dark Age". Mikko Karmila mixed the CD at Finnvox studios while the mastering duties were handled by Svante Forsbäck at Chartmakers.

LUSTDRIVEN track listing:

01. Kiuassault
02. Cry Little Angel
03. Of Love, Lust and Human Nature
04. Aftermath
05. Lights Are Many
06. The Visionary
07. Heart and Will
08. The Quickening
09. Summer's End
10. Winter's Sting

Bonus track for Japan release:
11. Song for the Fells (Remix)

agrypnie_-_16%5B485%5Dg.jpg

Agrypnie - 16[485]

This is fucking awesome, expansive, progressive, modernized post-black metal with balls. It verges on -core here and there, but it's nothing like weak American metalcore most people here despise, so I'd urge everyone who likes anything remotely "modern" or "progressive" to check this band out...more people neeeeeed to hear this! Win.

^ Just checked that out. Wow.

And is it just me or does the guy's voice sound a bit like Thomas Väänänen's?

Haven't listened to enough Thyrfing to tell. The vocalist of Agrypnie is the ex-vocalist (well, I guess...not really sure if they're broken up or not) of Nocte Obducta.

Haven't listened to enough Thyrfing to tell. The vocalist of Agrypnie is the ex-vocalist (well, I guess...not really sure if they're broken up or not) of Nocte Obducta.

I've heard them mentioned on here before actually, I'll need to check them out. Any particular recommendations?

And listening to more of that album, it seems like what Thyrfing were trying to do with Hels Vite. I think I'm going to have to get this one.