The official metal 2011 thread

Skindred have a brand new album called 'Union Black' being released on 25th April and it's gonna be awesome!!!!

The first single 'Warning' (featuring Jacoby Shaddix) is wicked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skindred have a brand new album called 'Union Black' being released on 25th April and it's gonna be awesome!!!!

The first single 'Warning' (featuring Jacoby Shaddix) is wicked!

Skindred's musical style mixes alternative rock, heavy metal, punk rock and reggae. The band also integrate elements of dancehall, hardcore, ska, hip hop, drum and bass, dubstep and various other influences into their music. The group refers to this style as "ragga metal".

Just... No.

Sourvein - Black Fangs (Sludge Metal; Candlelight Records) June 21, 2011

sourveincover-300x300.jpg

1. Fangs
2. Societys Blood
3. Night Eyes
4. Gasp
5. Holy Transfusion
6. Flux
7. Nomadic
8. Gemini
9. Bleeding Charm
10. Nocturnal/Negative Plane

May 2011 releases:
03.05 Argus - Boldly Stride The Doomed
10.05 Jesu - Ascension
10.05 The Gates Of Slumber - The Wretch
10.05 Novembers Doom - Aphotic
17.05 A Storm Of Light - As The Valley Of Death Becomes Us, Our Silver Memories Fade
17.05 Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
31.05 Autopsy - Macabre Eternal

Will check out these. And, probably will blind buy the GoS and Autospy albums.

Initial impression of new WHW, meh.

The new While Heaven Wept is super meh. It sounds like the writing process was done by using that kids game Draw and Fold Over, but instead of drawing body parts they have written music, unfolded the piece of paper and just gone with whatevers there.

DISMA "TOWARDS THE MEGALITH" CD / LP COMING IN APRIL / MAY ON PROFOUND LORE RECORDS!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157428

Honestly this is a band that I have so much respect for, not matter what a lot of people say about them, and their fan base (which I don't particularly like) but they have kicked serious ass in the short time they've been around, and every record just gets better and better, also they're one of my favorite live bands ever (seen em 6 times). So I for one will say I'm super stoked for this album

The new While Heaven Wept is super meh. It sounds like the writing process was done by using that kids game Draw and Fold Over, but instead of drawing body parts they have written music, unfolded the piece of paper and just gone with whatevers there.

yep

Good news for all the people in the US that didnt/couldnt import this:

40 Watt Sun said:
Good news for fans in the U.S. "The Inside Room" has just been licensed to Metal Blade Records for proper U.S. distribution.