The Official Movie Thread

I'm so jaded about anything Alien these days.
it's because you're older than the target audience
these last few alien movies seem to be specifically aimed at young people that weren't even alive when the first hit theaters

Watched Roadhouse last night.
As far as the movie goes it was ok. Nothing special just another Hollywood beat em up with the dumbest fuckwit ever playing the antagonist. Big bangs, big hits, a half baked story that kind of works.
However they should never have used the names Roadhouse and Dalton.

it's because you're older than the target audience
these last few alien movies seem to be specifically aimed at young people that weren't even alive when the first hit theaters
Mate I was born in 1988, I wasn't alive when the first 2 got made, and I wasn't old enough to see the next 2 at the cinema. I know you're a homeless crackhead but jesus what are you on about.

The new Road House was a piece of shit. The camera work and editing was abysmal, but the biggest crime was using CGI in the fight scenes. :lol:

A real "wtf were they thinking" choice right there.

That sums up most new movies for me so my rating is on par.
Nah Road House's was uniquely bad. During the normal scenes it was fine, but every action scene was filmed like that Korean movie Carter.

I was afraid this would be the new trend in action, and it's actually happening lmao. Bullet Train had a bit of it too.

But again, the biggest issue was CGI enhancing the fights. The most pathetic shit ever.

That means you should have got the WA centenary baby bonus. Friends of mine got a whole $2 off the WA government for having a kid in our centenary year.
lol I did, it was $50 iirc.

Reactions: Slammed
Watched Land Of Bad last night.
Lots of blood, lots of bang, lots of Hemsworth and a whole lot of Rusty. Shit Rusty is a big boy these days.

• Love
Reactions: CiG
Mate I was born in 1988, I wasn't alive when the first 2 got made, and I wasn't old enough to see the next 2 at the cinema.
gah, i thought you were one of the ancient people here for a min
(which was kinda your fault, the way you talk, you sound kinda interchangeable with the posters that are twice your age)
but being born in 1988 still makes you about 15 years older than the target audience for this new-est Alien movie

but on the other hand
with American made movies, sequels frequently suck compared to the first one
the first RoboCop movie was awesome, the sequels and the re-make sucked
Speed 2 sucked
American Psycho 2 sucked
and the Jurassic Park sequels were crap in just the right way that they accentuate how awesome the first Jurassic Park movie was

• Haha
Reactions: CiG
Watched Druk (Another Round) last night. Heard about it from the supposed American remake and some complaining about that. Hilariously I read some popular takes that this film would struggle to be american-ized and I can't fathom how anyone would think this lol but onto the movie...

I think it lacked from some serious introspective themes of the film. Very surface level, very wishy washy and ultimately reminds me of Burning in a weird way. Too scared to make the commitment to anything and instead, wallows in its subject matter.

I had high hopes since I love Mads in Jägten, but this euro film was not it for me. Surprised it was even too timid to even critique Danish drinking culture, which is best done by a throwaway line from his wife...don't waste your time, 5/10.

Who is this fag and why should I read that?

Josh Lewis is great, very knowledgeable film critic that also champions a ton of underappreciated trashy genre movies. Discovered some good stuff through his letterboxd reviews and his podcast Sleazoids.

Haven't seen Civil War, from the reviews I've read it sounds like it's mostly just a road movie about photojournalists and that it's not interested in having much fun with the premise of a future, civil war-embroiled United States. I'm not in a rush to see it.