The Official Movie Thread

Fucking hell Wayne Kramer died too! Sure he was a musician (MC5 etc) but his film and TV scoring fucking slayed. I can't even imagine Eastbound & Down without his hand in choosing the songs.

I'm going to a book signing today for master spy thriller writer Terry Hayes.

For those movie fans here that don't know him for his already legendary novel I Am Pilgrim, the first part of his career was as a screenwriter. Amongst his credits are The Road Warrior, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, Dead Calm and From Hell.

EDIT: Here I am with him at the signing:

AAAA1st78.jpg

Last edited:
I saw The Beekeeper today.

Pretty much what you would expect from an action movie starring Jason Statham but damn if this wasn't fun to watch. Some pretty clever ways to off the bad guys in this pretty ultra-violent thrill ride.

Reactions: CiG
I watched the Bee Keeper last night.
That's about all the review it deserves really.

• Haha
@CiG , watched this badass, sleazy, trashterpiece last night....one of my favorites, highly recommend

unnamed-1-2.jpg

Copy/paste synopsis
It’s late at night. In the notorious Bois de Boulogne Forest just outside Paris, a group of transsexual prostitutes offer their services to passing motorists. Suddenly we hear the roar of a powerful motorcycle engine kicked into life. Headlights pierce the darkness of the forest. Two bikes appear, their riders dressed in black leather, faces masked, heavily armed with assault rifles. The prostitutes scatter, chased by the riders who slaughter them in a hail of bullets before vanishing into the night.
In the morgue, Inspector Gerard Lattuada, of the Paris Vice Squad, recognizes one of the dead as a police informant known as Dolores. He learns that a notorious crime boss called “The Greek” ordered the killing of Dolores to settle a grudge. As Lattuarda investigates further, he discovers that a psychopathic and sadistic hit man, employed by The Greek, is intent on taking over the Paris underworld by any means possible. Soon a violent and deadly gang war is in full swing. And soon Lattuada finds himself on a personal mission of vengeance when his sister falls victim to the psycho killer.
One of the sleaziest and most violent crime films ever made in France, DEATH SQUAD gained much notoriety when it was classed “X” by the French censor. This is the first ever US release of the film and is fully uncut, so it should not be watched by the easily shocked.
Director Max Pecas made his name in the 1970s with soft core erotica, such as I AM A NYMPHOMANIAC and PRIVATE CLUB. Here he returns to the crime films which began his career in the 1960s, but with a 1980’s twist of gore, mayhem, and relentless savagery.

Warning: Chicks with dicks

@CiG , followed it up last night with some Indonesian insanity. Madman Barry Prima stars, directed by Arizal, all his films are fucking nuts..

unnamed-2-2.jpg

SPECIAL SILENCERS is a legendary entry into the Indonesian “cult film” canon. Chock full of crazy martial arts, unbelievably yucky special effects, a touch of black magic, and even torture by smelly shoes. This one has got it all.
The plot is simplicity itself. A corrupt politician in rural Indonesia wants to impose himself as the boss of the local territory. To do this he has to eliminate the competition. To do that he uses his “special silencers” – small red pills apparently intended to enhance meditative states. But when taken with food or drink they erupt inside the victim’s stomach and emerge through the flesh like ragged, blood covered tree branches. It literally has to be seen to be believed.
But that’s not all… the film features the dynamic duo (soon to be husband and wife) of Eva Arnaz and Barry Prima. Big stars in Indonesia at the time and both skilled martial artists. Seeing Eva kick bad-guy ass is a joy to behold. She, along with Barry, was one of the jewels in the crown of Indonesian exploitation cinema and SPECIAL SILENCERS has lots of her.
This is the first ever video release of the film in its intended aspect ratio and it’s a revelation, with widescreen, jaw dropping real-time action and stunt work. Director Arizal was famed for his high energy set pieces in films such as THE STABILIZER and FINAL SCORE. Here he outdoes himself. Not to be missed!