The Official Movie Thread

Just saw Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! What an unbelievably fun film to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched 2001 with some friends. It got so boring we had to turn it off. There's a good movie there, but we weren't in the mood. Also, you can watch it at 1.5x and everything is still moving slowly.

Just watched 2001 with some friends. It got so boring we had to turn it off. There's a good movie there, but we weren't in the mood. Also, you can watch it at 1.5x and everything is still moving slowly.

It starts a bit slow, but the plot is legitimately entertaining eventually. I just content myself in the beginning by enjoying the amazing cinematography present in all Kubrick films.

Superbad is pretty bloody funny IMO infact it's one of the funniest i've seen since Tom Green's Subway Monkey,if anyone else knows of some bloody funny movies lemme know

It starts a bit slow, but the plot is legitimately entertaining eventually. I just content myself in the beginning by enjoying the amazing cinematography present in all Kubrick films.

For me it started off well and got slow in the middle when you knew what was going to happen. Still, I'd be a fan if I was a 60s child and hadn't yet read Nietzsche.

For me it started off well and got slow in the middle when you knew what was going to happen. Still, I'd be a fan if I was a 60s child and hadn't yet read Nietzsche.

Beginning may have partially been boring for me cause I've seen the opening loads of times in various film courses. And yea it was obvious what was going to happen with the computer but I enjoyed seeing how it would play out, and that voice is damn creepy.

Almost all of his films start off slow...Its the way he directed. He was all about cinematography and images.

If you want an incredibly slow-moving movie, I'd recommened Barry Lyndon. Although a beautiful movie, it is very difficult, even for a Kubrick nut like me to watch in its entirety.

Edit-->BTW I have 2010: The Year We Make Contact comming next. I've heard that it doesn't contain that "slow-moving", highy imaginative, and strange story that 2001 has.

Almost all of his films start off slow...Its the way he directed. He was all about cinematography and images.

If you want an incredibly slow-moving movie, I'd recommened Barry Lyndon. Although a beautiful movie, it is very difficult, even for a Kubrick nut like me to watch in its entirety.

Edit-->BTW I have 2010: The Year We Make Contact comming next. I've heard that it doesn't contain that "slow-moving", highy imaginative, and strange story that 2001 has.

Barry Lyndon leaves me in awe every time I watch it, it's my favorite Kubrick film and has never left me feeling the slightest bit bored. It's slow but the story never lets up in my opinion.

I didn't really like it. It's interesting (and still based off Clarke's book), but somehow lacks the creepiness of 2001. 2010 is much more of a mainstream film.