The Official Movie Thread

Went to see 21 yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Although it was odd that the main character looked more like an indie rock star than an MIT student.

Serpico was kinda boring, imo. It's good, but it's long, and it takes a while to get where it's going. Some more vigorous editing of the script might have helped significantly.

Haven't seen Deer Hunter.

Well obviously it's not one long torture scene. But it contains significant amounts of intense violence?
Of course, I heard the same about Full Metal Jacket and I watched that without batting an eye.

Also just saw Little Otik and Jan Svankmajer continues to amaze me with his great films.

hahaha Little Otik is such a fucked up movie. Svankmajer said it's loosely based on a folk tale (the one that the little girl or whoever reads in the movie).

but yeah. amazing nonetheless

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Metal Scene From movie-intro

Anyone who has not seen this check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw Ashes of Time, which was a really good film with samurai who can make the ground crack open and explode when they swing their swords. But it's not mindless action there's actually a lot of romance stories in it (a few of them a bit twisted). But just overall really unique and well done.

Only downside is finding a good copy is a bitch and a half. The World Video release (the one netflix has) panned and scanned it from widescreen to full screen, then further mutilated it by putting black bars over the full screen to make it look widescreen.

Ooo almost forgot, also saw The Happiness of the Katakuris, great if you like Japanese spasticness + morbid topics, + singing and dancing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to see 21 yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Although it was odd that the main character looked more like an indie rock star than an MIT student.
What's a MIT student suppose to look like? lol :rolleyes:

We rented The Deer Hunter and Serpico today. I have seen The Deer Hunter and it's really good and I have been told that Serpico is good as well. Does anyone have opinions on either of these movies?
Both movies are classic... in the first one Christopher Walken gives a awesome performance... If I am correct he won the Oscar for best actor or supporting actor for his role in that movie.. the rest of the cast were great also like DeNiro, Streep etc. In the second... Serpico was one of "the" movies of the 70's and a poster of Al Pacino as Serpico was quite famous in those days even appearing in the movie Saturday Night Fever... But anyways almost any movie Pacino did in the 70's was great and shows him at his best... the movie was based on a true story too.. i always tend to like those kind of movies...