The Official Movie Thread

Wow i didn't know that Peter Jackson asked Blind Guardian to do the music for LOTR, and they turned it down due to not having enough time?! I wonder if they'd do the same today.

Sucks for them. They would have been the most famous band in the world. :lol:

Do what?
Kevin Smith wrote and directed the movie. I love all of Kevin Smith's movies that are pure comedy (Clerks I and II, Jay and Silent Bob, that one about the lesbian) and not trying to be such touchy feely bullshit like Jersey Girl.

lol i hate kevin smith, well i kinda like bits but eh. it doesnt help that i know one of those dickheads who idolises jay and constantly uses phrases like BONG DUDE!

Yeah, that's pretty retarded. I have a friend like that too.
It gets on my nerves, but I still love the movies. Clerks is one of my favorite movies ever, and Dogma is great as well.
Zach and Miri is pretty great.. Jason Mewes is in it, but he doesn't play Jay, and therefore doesn't use his annoying catch phrases.
I liked the Jay from Clerks.. he was funny, but he was more like a dick drug dealer who hangs outside a convenience store, rather than a cartoon character.

It's basically an eye for an eye story, but with christianity thrown in (no way Bergman?!). I've been seing a lot of Bergman movies just to find something to like but mostly it's not been my cup of tea really. Through A Glass Darkly stands out though, i really liked that one.

have you watched 'Winter Light'? That's my favorite Bergman film that specifically deals with God. Very powerful.

Just saw Wes Craven's '72 debut The Last House On The Left. Fucking wow. There's no way next year's remake will be able to reach that level of intensity.

have you watched 'Winter Light'? That's my favorite Bergman film that specifically deals with God. Very powerful.

Yeah i've seen it. If i was more into that kind of movies i probably would have liked Winter Light too, the stylish silent way of telling the movie is smart. I'm more of a Kubrick guy though, i prefer more expressive movies. I thought Through A Glass Darkly had more of that than Winter Light.

I wanna recommend an awesome funny Swedish movie called Slim Susie, it's in the same style as Snatch, Pulp Fiction and some Lynch stuff, maybe even more fucked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read all the bad reviews and wasn't going to go see TDTESS but everyone else was going to see it and nothing else was overly interesting. All the bad reviews were right. I've seen worse movies, but this one definitely wouldn't be worth watching a second time.