The Official Movie Thread

I think its about time i dust off Blood Meridian and give it a read. Still havent ready anything from Cormac though :err:. And from what i remember, people said that shouldn't be the first Cormac book i should read.

nothing wrong with going in at the deep end IMO, it's the darkest and most fucked up one but that probably makes it a good starting point for metalheads.
Yea i remember picking up a few of his books after chopping it up with a few of you guys. I think yiu had told me to start with the Borders trilogy, which i have along with NCFOM, Blood Meridian and The Road.

well i'm guessing you've seen the film of NCFOM which makes the book a bit redundant IMO. the road actually feels designed to be a starting point, relatively short and accessible while still having his signature style (and much better than the movie), not his best work though. border trilogy is definitely a fine alternative starting point and great, but it's probably not as immediately striking and different as BM.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
If you are looking for a high calibre martial arts film, then look no further. The directorial debut of Aussie stuntman and martial artist Bren Foster, 'Life After Fighting' is a seriously badass experience with a really diabolical villain and some very well choregraphed fight scenes and superior cinematography.MV5BN2IxYTA0NjgtZmZkNi00ZWYzLWI4YWYtMGZlYTczZmM5NWFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM1NTExODU@._V1_.jpg

Just watched the indie gem 'Hammer' from Canadian director Christian Sparkes. It is an 82 minute crime thriller that follows a father trying to save his estranged criminal son from a drug dealer who he has ripped off. A very simple plotline but one that covers redemption, fatherhood and forgiveness. Will Patton flawlessly portrays the desperate father who wants to do what's right but is drawn in different directions. The cinematography is very good and the pace of the film keeps you completely engaged. I recommend this film to anyone who enjoys low budget crime thrillers but ones that are very well made. 7.5/10p18039447_v_h9_ac.jpg

I saw the movie Shamrock Spitfire the other day. Based on the true story of the youngest wing commander in the history of the RAF. Decent movie but very staid and unadorned performances. Which given the WWII setting and storyline makes sense.

Tonight...
MV5BMzNkMTA5ZTYtOGEzOC00MmJiLTgxMWYtM2JlZjhlZDVkYWE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTczMjkzNDY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

If you are looking for a high calibre martial arts film, then look no further. The directorial debut of Aussie stuntman and martial artist Bren Foster, 'Life After Fighting' is a seriously badass experience with a really diabolical villain and some very well choregraphed fight scenes and superior cinematography.View attachment 36464
Watched this, pretty awesome. Definitely wouldn't call the cinematography "superior" though. Bren Foster is definitely a savage and the villain/plot is pretty fucking disturbing. Crazy fights and the final act is pretty much nonstop lol.

Reactions: AbelTim