The Official Movie Thread

Haha, no.

Yup. If fake spooge offends you, sorry.

I still need to see Martyrs.

More than anything else mentioned in this thread so far. You seem like a reasonably intelligent guy and I look forward to discussing it's ending with you.

I tried watching Battles Without Honor and Humanity, but I couldn't even finish it. I understand that it's supposed to be a deglamorized take on the Yakuza, but if that means it's gonna be 100 minutes of chaos and screaming I would much rather stick to the romanticized image of the Yakuza seen in Takashi Miike's more generic output.

That's a shame, 'cuz the next film, Deadly Fight In Hiroshima is probably the best of the set. I mean who else uses Dutch tilts to depict a death?
Anyway, back on the topic of "disturbing" films;

Suicide Circle
. I love these weird Japanese horror movies that don't make a whole lot of sense because sense is so boring sometimes. Moderately gory, but I don't think of it as an exploitation film, because it's not a guilty pleasure to me, I think this is a genuinely amazing movie. Gorgeous, with a great soundtrack, and one of my favourite scenes in any movie ever. (Because the dead shine all night long)

Suicide Club is one big fucking joke of a film, sorry(save for the cutting board scene, eheheh)

Yup. If fake spooge offends you, sorry.

I assure you, it did not "offend" me in the slightest. While I did find some enjoyment in it, maybe even because it was so offensive, it was a pretentious mess of a film that I couldn't honestly call "good".

That's a shame, 'cuz the next film, Deadly Fight In Hiroshima is probably the best of the set. I mean who else uses Dutch tilts to depict a death?

Are they all as chaotic and obnoxious as the first half hour or so of BWHAH? If that were not the case, I might give it another chance.

I assure you, it did not "offend" me in the slightest. While I did find some enjoyment in it, maybe even because it was so offensive, it was a pretentious mess of a film that I couldn't honestly call "good".

I'd welcome this kind of pretentiousness over the likes of say, Wes Anderson any day.

Are they all as chaotic and obnoxious as the first half hour or so of BWHAH? If that were not the case, I might give it another chance.

No they aren't. It quiets down in the rest of the films; but does get infinitely intricate.

Just watch The Elephant Man, and i gotta say : Awesome!!!

The film is so toucheable and disturbing that i just can't classify the genre. Some drops of tears just rolled from my eyes.

Nithing more to say, just :worship:

Watched The Cook earlier, pretty good movie. It's about a Hungarian cook working in an American sorority house, killing the girls who live there one at a time and cooking and serving them to the remaining girls. It's not scary at all, but the maniac cook is fucking hilarious.

I was actually kind of disappointed by Inglorious Basterds. The story didn't have quite enough depth to engage me, and it wasn't funny enough to be a comedy. Just a little too casual.

I totally understand what you're saying.

SPOILERS:

I thought it could have benefitted from just one scene of dialogue between the Basterds. There were little jests back and forth, but really no good scenes of dialogue. We have these awesome characters like the Bear Jew and Hugo Stiglitz, but we never really got to know them and then all of the sudden a bunch of them die in the bar shootout.

The best scene of the entire film was the opening interrogation, and Christoph Waltz was by far the best actor in the film.

Watched Battle Royale and The first movie of the Yakuza Papers, was pretty impressed with both. This director seems to be awesome and I appreciate the recommendation!

Watched The Cook earlier, pretty good movie. It's about a Hungarian cook working in an American sorority house, killing the girls who live there one at a time and cooking and serving them to the remaining girls. It's not scary at all, but the maniac cook is fucking hilarious.

Actually this comment reminded me of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. Definitely one of the better fucked-up movies out there.

Well, i hope so.

BTW, i wasn't a big fan of french movies (and i'm not saying that Eraserhead and The Elephant Man are), but after seen Delicatessen, 13 Tzameti and Irreversible, i'm more interested to discover more about the french scene.