The Official Movie Thread

Did anyone who actually enjoy good films like Hunger Games? Other than being a ripoff, what a lame movie. Total hollywood and no real script or story..seriously unimpressed...thought it was at least going to be a good rip off

I enjoyed it. That being said, I never read the books, nor did I go in expecting to be blown away. It was decent, but I probably wouldn't ever watch it again

grey-movie-poster-300x462.jpg

Dark movie.
Don't want to give anything away.
Much better than I though it would be.

The Grey was fucking awesome. Absolutely love Liam Neeson, never ceases to amaze me on how good he is.

Perfect Sense - an apocalyptic love story where the world is losing its senses one by one. interesting premise, well acted and even moving sometimes. also, the gorgeous Eva Green repeatedly shows her tits in it and they are magnificent.

Cruising (1980) - Still ballsy (pun fully intended) all these years later. Pacino disco dancing may be comical but this isn't a "light" film at all. A testament to Friedkin's audacity as a director.

Dead Ringers (1988) - Do I really even need to mention how brilliant this is? One thing about this film that always sticks out is just how damn depressing it is. That ending will tug at the 'ol heart strings.

eXistenZ (1999) - Is it just me or did this totally fly unter the radar when it was first released? Totally underrated, a perfect example of Cronenberg's ability to blow you mind with radical visuals AND ideas, and Jennifer Jason Leigh is yummy looking.

Did anyone who actually enjoy good films like Hunger Games? Other than being a ripoff, what a lame movie. Total hollywood and no real script or story..seriously unimpressed...thought it was at least going to be a good rip off

as explained in a previous post in this thread
the hunger games is NOT a rip off of anything
also
the hunger games was one of the best movies i've ever seen
it almost sounds like you're being sarcastic and/or being a troll with this post saying that it's bad

it was terrible, i hated it. the story and acting seemed to be done by grade schoolers. lame-ass "romance" and "supposed to be emotional" scenes. ludicrous costumes...seriously, the purple lady and the people of the futuristic city...ludicrous.

it was terrible, i hated it. the story and acting seemed to be done by grade schoolers. lame-ass "romance" and "supposed to be emotional" scenes. ludicrous costumes...seriously, the purple lady and the people of the futuristic city...ludicrous.

the "story" was taken from a book, so go out and actually read the fucking book before you go and say the movie was terrible and you hated it

the acting seemed decent, maybe not awesome but the acting really could have been a hell of a lot worse

the whole point of the "lame-ass romance/emotional scenes" was to show that Katniss has no interest in having a boyfriend she's totally suppressing her sex drive because she doesn't want kids lesbianism doesn't even occur to her, and birth control isn't an option outside of the capitol
but then, even though she's sexually attracted to Gale, she pretends to be sexually attracted to Peeta, in order to "get sponsors"
you would know all that if you'd actually read the book
the costumes of Effie Trinkett and the people of the capitol are supposed to look ludicrous, the crazy costumes is a social comentary of men buying armani suits and women buying versaci dresses
it's part of the social comentary about how the richest 1% don't give a shit about the rest of us
the rich-as-hell people enthusiastically watching broke people fight to the death is a exremeist parody of "bum fights" and ancient Rome's Gladiator fights

I enjoyed it. That being said, I never read the books, nor did I go in expecting to be blown away. It was decent, but I probably wouldn't ever watch it again

This.

I just watched The Flight of Dragons and The Last Unicorn as a little way to enjoy my childhood...they are both actually pretty fucking good movies, even as an adult.

DRAGONS.jpg

250821_det.jpg

irrer-kinofilm-julia-dietze-die-huebsche-nazi-braut-aus-iron-sky-35147.jpg

Anyone seen Iron Sky?
http://www.ironsky.net/site/
Sci Fi, comedy... I don't know... Haven't seen it yet. But will.

Director: Timo Vuorensola (Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning.)
Producer: Tero Kaukomaa
Visual Effects, Producer: SAMULI TORSSONEN (Star Wreck)

Super hot Nazi slut: Julia Dietze
035415-julia-dietze.jpg

190849-julia-dietze.jpg

Götz Otto (Mr. Stamper in the 1997 James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies. Schindler’s List, Der Untergang, Alien Autopsy)
Udo Kier (Blade, Shadow of the Vampire)

^ Yeah I've seen that, it was pretty entertaining. Some good jokes and shit.

Yesterday I watched Cabin in the Woods and it was amazing imo. I'm slowly getting to 200 ratings on czech "imdb" so I will post the list screencapped later. Tonight I will watch Fliegauf's Dealer.

^ Yeah I've seen that, it was pretty entertaining. Some good jokes and shit.

Yesterday I watched Cabin in the Woods and it was amazing imo. I'm slowly getting to 200 ratings on czech "imdb" so I will post the list screencapped later. Tonight I will watch Fliegauf's Dealer.

Cabin in the Woods
Haven't seen it. Think I saw a trailer.
It's not a teen slasher movie, is it?
No spoilers, thanks.

Cabin in the Woods
Haven't seen it. Think I saw a trailer.
It's not a teen slasher movie, is it?
No spoilers, thanks.

You have to watch it first. It's nearly impossible to discuss it without spoilers.