The Official Movie Thread

Onto Antichrist, I thought the style and art were amazing. I'm still not sure what the message was, if there even was one, but it was gorgeous to look at and the atmosphere and acting was fantastic. I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing Shia Laboeuf in unsimulated sex scenes in the next von Trier film though.

Exactly. What I want to watch now is his Europa trilogy which is his first three successful movies and I haven't even seen one of those :( My favorite movie of his might be Dogville. Nicole Kidman getting raped over and over again was really, really depressing.

But today I will watch Dzien Swira ("Day of the Gecko") which is a very higly rated Polish movie and I also need to watch Adams æbler. Thoughts about those? Anyone seen them?

I just re-watched Grizzly Man. Has anyone noticed that the coroner is extremely fucking weird? During the whole film he speaks and acts like he's some type of game show host.

Hobo with a Shotgun=awesome. 80's cliche, cheesy one-liners, plenty of gratuitous blood & gore, and Rutger Hauer is the star. What more could one ask for?

It was good yeah. Fun movie. This made me laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jiro Dreams of Sushi - Documentary on a master sushi maker. I'm a food guy so this appealed to me and I found it interesting as well as beautiful to look at.

Thanks for the tip. Will watch, I really like sushi. Today it's time for Bad Taste though. I haven't seen that one yet and I've heard good things.

Oldboy - what the fuck did i just watch o_O

I know that movie. I remember I thought the plot was too simple and harmless for a massacre of such dimensions. Other than that a really good movie.

I saw Hunger Games recently in a plane. Expected it to be a pile of pap but it turned out to be pretty gripping. Not bad at all.
Was better than Chernobyl Diaries which I also saw on the flight...

The Hunger Games - Nothing really wrong with it but too teenie and saccharin for my tastes.

I saw Hunger Games recently in a plane. Expected it to be a pile of pap but it turned out to be pretty gripping. Not bad at all.
Was better than Chernobyl Diaries which I also saw on the flight...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vANLHxlvkJ8&feature=plcp[/ame]

Jesus christ stop repeating yourself or I report you for spam and you'll get banned. Okay? From now on stop quoting your own posts, stop multiposting and stop repeating things over and over or you'll get banned. Simple as that.