The Official Movie Thread

I fucking love The Warriors. Badass shit right there.

...and now I await Effigy to return to the thread to call me a leather vest loving faggot who like men with big muscles threatening to shove baseball bats up asses.

Just watched this, great movie. I cried, so what fuck you.

1582384.jpg

First movie I've ever seen where I thought to myself, the reason this movie is good, is because of Collin Ferrall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

"Guilt-stricken after a job gone wrong, hitman Ray and his partner await orders from their ruthless boss in Bruges, Belgium, the last place in the world Ray wants to be."

IMO, Collin Ferrall, is one of the worst actors ever, but he actually did very well in this movie. It's a film, that got lost in the cracks somehow.

Just watched this, great movie. I cried, so what fuck you.

1582384.jpg

I thought Warrior was a good movie, but I had such a hard time suspending my disbelief at the whole tournament business.

*SPOILER ALERT*
What kind of world-class tournament (supposedly only letting in the absolutely best of the best fighters) lets in a completely unknown fighter without a single MMA fight in his record and a washed-up UFC fighter who hadn't fought in years? The whole Koba business was so stupid. Why didn't they just write it so Tommy fought him instead of Brendan? It's already hard enough to believe Brendan would beat him in such a state of exhaustion, but to then beat Tommy? The movie didn't have to go so fucking Hollywood to tell such a great story. I feel this movie could have been in the upper echelon of cinema if they had just toned down that whole shit. Alas, they fucked it up and quite frankly insulted MMA as a sport.

EDIT: The Hobbit fucking rules. I saw it yesterday and it brought me back to my childhood with a vengeance.

I thought Warrior was a good movie, but I had such a hard time suspending my disbelief at the whole tournament business.

*SPOILER ALERT*
What kind of world-class tournament (supposedly only letting in the absolutely best of the best fighters) lets in a completely unknown fighter without a single MMA fight in his record and a washed-up UFC fighter who hadn't fought in years? The whole Koba business was so stupid. Why didn't they just write it so Tommy fought him instead of Brendan? It's already hard enough to believe Brendan would beat him in such a state of exhaustion, but to then beat Tommy? The movie didn't have to go so fucking Hollywood to tell such a great story. I feel this movie could have been in the upper echelon of cinema if they had just toned down that whole shit. Alas, they fucked it up and quite frankly insulted MMA as a sport.

EDIT: The Hobbit fucking rules. I saw it yesterday and it brought me back to my childhood with a vengeance.

Hmm, I see what you're saying. It was clearly a case of some writers not knowing that much about MMA in general, but that was only a part of it. The other stories were pretty good. The one I attached with most was Tommy's, because I was in the Marine Corps and know what he went through and totally understand why he went crazy and shit.

Ugh Oh. I'm not surprised with this review at all. The Hobbit is not going to be as good as the LOTR series. The book isn't as good, so why should the movie? I find Chaw's comparisons to Episode 1 steep and probably bullshit, but I agree with his criticisms on Tolkien.

Couldn't give a shit, I'll probably like it anyways. And let's be honest here I don't think anyone expects it to be better than Lord of the Rings.

yeah, i get it, everyone wants to see "The Hobbit"
anyone else getting really exited about any of the other upcoming movies??

All right the Hobbit was not close to any of the average quality i expected..maybe 5/10, expect an incredibly childish movie going on...and yes I understand the book is tailored more to kids.