The Official Movie Thread

Killer Joe (2012) - Fuck yes. Easially the best film of the year for my money. McConaughey knocks it out of the park ("Do you wan't me to wear your face?") and the same could be said about the rest of the cast, Juno Temple especially. Every bit as hilarious as it is depraved. Friedkin still rules.

The Hobbit was okay. story is pretty basic but functional enough. the environments and special effects were great as expected. most of the creatures were unnecessarily ugly and disgusting though.

As Tears Go By - 1988 chinese gangster film. goofy as hell but highly entertaining, and man that moody synthesizer music is so fucking good.

Total Recall - Really had little resembling the original. Eliminating that, the movie was decent on it's own save for an oddly placed three-tittied babe and Kate's annoyingly unstoppable character. I didn't like the original.

Edit: Felt more like Blade Runner than anything else.

Watched this last night, pretty good.

220px-Star_Trek_IX.jpg

I need to find someone to go and see Django Unchained with when it's released over here.

Also, about to make a DVD haul: Bronson, Drive, The Raid, Dredd and American Mary.

I've only seen Bronson but I've heard nothing but great things about the others.

Saw Django with some friends last week. It was alright, it dragged in the middle, but with Tarantino you know what to expect...over the top violence, brutality and long, drawn out dialogue scenes.

The Hobbit was okay. story is pretty basic but functional enough. the environments and special effects were great as expected. most of the creatures were unnecessarily ugly and disgusting though.

Especially the troll blowing his nose with Bilbo. That was...unnecessary. I'm nervous about how they're going to portray Beorn, hope they don't fuck that up.

The scene with the giants throwing rocks was my favorite by a landslide. People in my local paper said the SFX/CG was overblown, I say they're fucking horrible faggots who don't exist in a universe where every day is constant dragging disappointment that Tolkien fantasy is not real.