The Official Movie Thread

I thought The Avengers was insanely overrated and I have no intention of seeing any of the other Marvel movies that are lined up, with the exception of The Amazing Spiderman 2.

Sin City 2 will probably be the best comic movie to come out this year, if it come out this year. The first one is exactly what comic book movies are supposed to be.

3 things wrong with your post

the Avengers totally blew away all the other superhero movies at the box office, so how the fuck exactly was this movie "overrated" at all, let alone overrated to an "insane" level of overratedness
i'm seriously asking a question
what exactly was wrong with the Avengers movie?? what exact specific details did you have a problem with?? how would you have made the Avengers movie different??
seriously asking

Amazing Spiderman 2 >>> the other upcoming movies with marvel characters?? seriously, are you just in love with this Andrew Garfield trilogy just simply because you hated the Toby Maquire trilogy so bad??

Sin City has nothing to do with Superheros

3 things wrong with your post

the Avengers totally blew away all the other superhero movies at the box office, so how the fuck exactly was this movie "overrated" at all, let alone overrated to an "insane" level of overratedness
i'm seriously asking a question
what exactly was wrong with the Avengers movie?? what exact specific details did you have a problem with?? how would you have made the Avengers movie different??
seriously asking

Amazing Spiderman 2 >>> the other upcoming movies with marvel characters?? seriously, are you just in love with this Andrew Garfield trilogy just simply because you hated the Toby Maquire trilogy so bad??

Sin City has nothing to do with Superheros

I enjoyed it, but not to the level that everyone else did. All I saw was people jizzing all over the film and when I watched it, I didn't find a single memorable aspect. It was a fun movie but not nearly as amazing as everyone made it out to be. Also, are you seriously using the "if it's so bad, why does it sell so much?" argument? That's the same argument 12 year old girls use to defend Justin Bieber.

First of all, I liked the first two Tobey Maguire films. They were good movies. The third was an abortion but that's irrelevant. Also, when it comes to The Amazing Spider-Man, I didn't actually think the movie was very good overall. I thought the story was lacklustre and the changes they made to the mythos were strange. But the characterisation was great. Garfield is pretty much the perfect Peter Parker and Emma Stone was a great Gwen Stacey. Word is that the second film will involve Gwen's death, and I think if they combine this with the excellent characters and improve on everything else the movie will be fantastic.

I wasn't talking about superhero movies. I was talking about comic book movies.

EDIT: I take back what I said about not being interested in any other upcoming Marvel films. Wolverine 2 and Days of Future Past might turn out okay. I won't hold my breath though.

I have no interest in seeing The Hobbit. I've never liked the Lord of the Rings either. I think I saw maybe one of them all the way through. I was never one for medieval type movies involving magic, sword wielding, dragons, etc....Plus those movies are long as fuck.

I have no interest in seeing The Hobbit. I've never liked the Lord of the Rings either. I think I saw maybe one of them all the way through. I was never one for medieval type movies involving magic, sword wielding, dragons, etc....Plus those movies are long as fuck.

That is exactly how I feel. I watched the first LOTR and could barely make it through.

Killer Joe (2012) - Fuck yes. Easially the best film of the year for my money. McConaughey knocks it out of the park ("Do you wan't me to wear your face?") and the same could be said about the rest of the cast, Juno Temple especially. Every bit as hilarious as it is depraved. Friedkin still rules.

2nd best of the year. Go see Chained with Vincent D'Onofrio. Tour-de-force.

The Hobbit was okay. story is pretty basic but functional enough. the environments and special effects were great as expected. most of the creatures were unnecessarily ugly and disgusting though.

It was poor, compared to the trilogy.

For those of you that have read Ender's Game, they're making a movie. It comes out this year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

That looks cool. The books were pretty fun.

Saw Jack Reacher this weekend, and I normally dislike Tom Cruise but he did a good job with this one. Liked it a lot. Looking forward to Gangster Squad this weekend.

Library Girl tried to freak me out by having me watch Eraserhead. I showed her Tetsuo: The Iron Man in return. I'm really starting to like those styles of cinematography.

I enjoyed it, but not to the level that everyone else did. All I saw was people jizzing all over the film and when I watched it, I didn't find a single memorable aspect. It was a fun movie but not nearly as amazing as everyone made it out to be. Also, are you seriously using the "if it's so bad, why does it sell so much?" argument? That's the same argument 12 year old girls use to defend Justin Bieber.

First of all, I liked the first two Tobey Maguire films. They were good movies. The third was an abortion but that's irrelevant. Also, when it comes to The Amazing Spider-Man, I didn't actually think the movie was very good overall. I thought the story was lacklustre and the changes they made to the mythos were strange. But the characterisation was great. Garfield is pretty much the perfect Peter Parker and Emma Stone was a great Gwen Stacey. Word is that the second film will involve Gwen's death, and I think if they combine this with the excellent characters and improve on everything else the movie will be fantastic.

I wasn't talking about superhero movies. I was talking about comic book movies.

EDIT: I take back what I said about not being interested in any other upcoming Marvel films. Wolverine 2 and Days of Future Past might turn out okay. I won't hold my breath though.

wow
a coherently made disagreement to something i said instead of just someone calling me an idiot
i'm impressed

but still i'm gonna say
Avengers 2 >>> Amazing Spiderman 2

I was fully prepared for this to blow tranny cock.
:lol:
the Olsen twin got naked!
eeiiww, just this^^ is going to make me avoid this movie like the plague
thank you
thank you
thank you
For those of you that have read Ender's Game, they're making a movie. It comes out this year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

awesome :headbang:

About to watch Valhalla Rising. Really looking forward to it after seeing Drive and Bronson.

Also, I usually don't get excited for comedies, but this could be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valhalla Rising might be lacking in the way of traditional story-telling but It's a trip into a primordial world and primeval sensibilities. Chim, if you're looking to shake off the mall-movie blahs, watch it.

Killer Joe (2012) - Fuck yes. Easially the best film of the year for my money. McConaughey knocks it out of the park ("Do you wan't me to wear your face?") and the same could be said about the rest of the cast, Juno Temple especially. Every bit as hilarious as it is depraved. Friedkin still rules.

this movie only released in 75 theaters nationwide?!?!

there's 75 seperate theaters in just the DFW Metroplex alone!!!!

why the fucking hell did this movie have such a limited release??