The Official Movie Thread

Saw Django Unchained last night. The people in the theater around me were all laughing at the most inappropriate parts. The movie itself was kind of boring, I would have preferred also if Jamie Foxx were naked the entire film.

Valhalla Rising might be lacking in the way of traditional story-telling but It's a trip into a primordial world and primeval sensibilities. Chim, if you're looking to shake off the mall-movie blahs, watch it.

It's definitely unlike anything else I've watched. I can't say I "enjoyed" it, but I don't think I was supposed to. It certainly left me with a lot to think about and I've been trying to decode it all day, so I guess it did its job. The atmosphere and cinematography were fantastic.

Man, the first hour and change of Killer Joe was downright terrible, but if you're interested in the film, stick through it gets really good. But man, that family is not entirely believable which draws from it, but Mccongaheyryeh did great.

Josh Brolin is going to play Dwight in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For as well as Clive Owen. Anyone who has read the graphic novel should be excited about this.

Anyway, going to watch The Raid now. I've been wanting to see this for months.

yeah, i read Sin City
but that was all the way back when it was a brand-new thing
oh god damm
that was a whole freaking 20 years ago
i was already reading a whole 20 fucking years ago
damm i feel old now

I'm still looking forward to seeing it. Having read plenty of critical articles assessing its controversy, I want to form my own opinion.

Best Tarantino film since Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction..went in thinking it would suck, was tired as fuck, and stayed awake for the whole three hours.

Have I posted this yet?
four_lions.jpg

Delicatessen (1991) is a must see. Just blew me away when I saw it for the first time, back in the day.
Moon (2009) and District 9 (2009) are cool enough if you haven't seen them yet.
Event Horizon (1997) is a bloody thing.
Anyone seen Primer (2004)?