The Official Movie Thread

Yeah Nicholage Cage is a pretty painful actor to watch. He has that Keanu Reaves like ability to only be able to deliver lines in the most contrived way possible.

did you watch the commentary/behind the scenes of eraserhead? it's almost as interesting (and almost as long) as the movie itself

I don't remember seeing any in the version I've seen. Can you show me which version of the DVD you're talking of. I surely would love to see that.

FUCK YES. Have you seen his Elephant Man? Fantastic movie he also directed, and let's not forget about the old school Dune movie :kickass:

Yes I've seen Elephant man as well. Not similar movies at all but it was still a very good movie.

Meh, Lynch's movies are a complete WTF for me. Twisted just for the sake of being such, and overall, unsatisfactory in the end. I did like Wild at Heart, though.

While I agree to an extent concerning his recent work, if you haven't seen Eraserhead I strongly suggest you watch it. It's extremely weird yes, but if you interpret the symbolism of what you see you can still figure out what Lynch is trying to say in this movie. Granted there's some details that I can't quite figure out for sure or at all for that matter. But it's a great movie I think with incredible cinematography. You could almost take a screenshot of any image in the movie and make a poster with it and it would look great.

Elephant is also not weird at all. It's just a movie based on a true story and it's very moving as stated previously in this thread.

Both Eraserhead and Elephant Man I only watched once or twice a long time ago in my early teens so I don't remember the specifics of either. I'll have to revisit them some time.

Watched it today, I liked it alot. Quite abit could have been different but im not too bothered. Just Venom was a disapointment, he didnt have the voice, or the muscles of the original. Shame.

Yeah Nicholage Cage is a pretty painful actor to watch. He has that Keanu Reaves like ability to only be able to deliver lines in the most contrived way possible.

I know what you mean, but he was great in Wild at Heart and Adaptation.

I'm a big fan of the Charlie Kaufman/Michel Gondry/Spike Jonze films. Adaptation, Human Nature, Being John Malkovitch and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are all awesome.

Coffee and Cigarettes, worth watching?

Based on this scene I think it might be:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sitting there, watching it, and the conversations they were having (or trying to have) just really irritated me...they didn't interest me at all

A good movie with great conversation is "Tape." The entire movie takes place in a hotel/motel room, with three people.