The Official Movie Thread

Am I the only one who didn't think the first movie was that great to begin with? The first 2/3 of it were pretty cool, then the last 1/3 went ahead and ruined it completely for me. Most people I know thought it was awesome though, so maybe that's just me.

Disturbia looks like a second rate Rear Window. Though I haven't seen it yet so I'll wait to pass final judgement on it.

I just acquired the following today:
The Fountain
Pan's Lab (doubledisk edition)
Master's of Horror: Pelts (by Argento :kickass:xII, which stars Meatloaf of all people)
Master's of Horror: Imprint (by Takashi Miike who did Audition and Ichi the Killer :kickass:)

I like really cheesy over the top gory Japanese action movies. Some of my favorites include.

-The Street Fighter(A classic and also the first movie to be rated X for only violence and 0 nudity)
-Ninja Wars (Throwing up acid ftw)
-Riki Oh (Chinese, but still fits)

many more but those 3 are my absolute favorites. Also everyone should watch Seven Samurai, it's not gory but it's overall an amazing piece of cinema.

The Fountain
Master's of Horror: Pelts (by Argento :kickass:xII, which stars Meatloaf of all people)
Master's of Horror: Imprint (by Takashi Miike who did Audition and Ichi the Killer :kickass:)

Have you seen Gozu by Takashi Miike? I've heard it's extremely weird but I haven't seen it myself yet. I bought it online recently for like 10$ so I should see it soon though.

The Fountain

two great great great films. I really wish The Fountain was longer because I think it would've been better. It seems too quick. Aronofsky is an amazing director. The Fountain only 2% CGI stuff, so he did some pretty amazing things.

I finally managed to buy Cradle of Fear for $23.50 Cdn (including shipping) off ebay, instead of paying a ridiculous price of $39.99 that ordering it in from blockbuster or anywhere else had it for.

I finally managed to buy Cradle of Fear for $23.50 Cdn (including shipping) off ebay, instead of paying a ridiculous price of $39.99 that ordering it in from blockbuster or anywhere else had it for.

I saw that a couple years ago. Boring as hell. You still paid too much for it. The attempts at special effects in this movie are laughable at best.

It's really not worth tracking down...hopefully you'll get your money when you sell it after watching it once. :p

Have you seen Gozu by Takashi Miike? I've heard it's extremely weird but I haven't seen it myself yet. I bought it online recently for like 10$ so I should see it soon though.

I haven't seen it, but I plan on it now - this is going straight on my "to get" list.

two great great great films. I really wish The Fountain was longer because I think it would've been better. It seems too quick. Aronofsky is an amazing director. The Fountain only 2% CGI stuff, so he did some pretty amazing things.

Yeah, the microfilming of chemical reactions was a damned good technique - and looks incredibly better than cgi in my opinion. It also really gave a unique atmosphere to the film; if cgi was the effect of choice for the movie, the film would definitely not have been as good as it was (super small budget usually = poor cgi). I'm sure Aronofsky would have been able to effectively utilize the comp effects on a small budget, but still...I'm usually not a fan of the stuff.

I saw that a couple years ago. Boring as hell. You still paid too much for it. The attempts at special effects in this movie are laughable at best.

It's really not worth tracking down...hopefully you'll get your money when you sell it after watching it once. :p

Well I've already seen the movie a long time ago, and I like it so thats why I bought it. :) I agree, its a love/hate it movie. I usually don't like cheesy, gory movies but I enjoyed this one. The movie obviously wasn't a serious film as many b-movies aren't. But overall I'd probably give it an 8/10.

Well I've already seen the movie a long time ago, and I like it so thats why I bought it. :) I agree, its a love/hate it movie. I usually don't like cheesy, gory movies but I enjoyed this one. The movie obviously wasn't a serious film as many b-movies aren't. But overall I'd probably give it an 8/10.

Well alright then. Our tastes differs as far as gory movies go. Dead Alive (Braindead in some places) is how I like my gory b-movies to be. :p

I love independent films and so after hearing nothing but good reviews for the move Amelie (english title), and hearing the exact quote: "a top 5 film for sure" at least ten times, I downloaded the movie and decided to watch it. Well I watched about 35mins of it, and had to stop. I almost never ever stop watching a movie, only on the rarest of occasions but I just find it to be quite obnoxious, especially the narrator. Should I bother watching the rest of the movie?

My favorite movies at the moment are:

1.American History X
2.Borat
3.Gremlins
4.Clerks
5.Office Space

I used to have Gozu on DVD (a gift from someone) and thought it was fairly boring. Ended up selling it on eBay. It's not anywhere near as entertaining as Ichi the Killer.