The Official Movie Thread

Yeah but the movie had to be cheesy in spots, because pirates are pretty cheesy a lot of the time.

The part at the end where the two British soldiers go over to the pirate's side is fucking stupid, though. And Calypso in general was kinda weak, she didn't really do much at the end but make a big storm. And crabs? Come on. BUT, Davy Jones is still fucking metal, Jack Sparrow is a great character, and the marriage on ship during the big battle was hilarious.

I saw Knocked Up tonight. It wasn't quite as funny as The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but it was going for more of a romantic angle. It was really well done though. Fans of Judd Apatow are sure to enjoy. Only downsides being too many pot jokes and too many jew jokes.

28 Days Later became horribly silly near the end. Without spoilers, did 28WL do the same thing?

I actually dont remember the ending to 28 Days Later; let me watch it tomorrow (as I have it on DVD) and I'll get back to you.

I also saw Pirates Today; and as cheesy as some parts were, I fucking loved it :kickass:

I've only seen parts of the first 'Pirates' movie...and I've was wondering, why is it just called 'Pirates' now? since the last couple movies...Or is it just because people are too lazy to say the entire title, I don't watch TV so I don't know.

i find pirates to be highly overrated, the only trilogy i can recall atm that worked great from start to end was back to the future, lotr became too pretentious with the 3rd part imho.