The Official Movie Thread

prolly gonna spend some of August's money watching a few movies in the theater (maybe the dollar theater)

which movies you guys think i should watch??

Fans of the bizarre need to watch The ABCs of Death. Absolutely fucking weird. Really long but plenty of tits to keep your attention.

Fans of the bizarre need to watch The ABCs of Death. Absolutely fucking weird. Really long but plenty of tits to keep your attention.

That film's been on my radar for a while. I don't think it got a very wide cinema release but the DVD's out in a few days so I might pick it up.

The Conjuring looks like it may be better than I first thought.

So far most of the 2013 movies I've seen sucked.

- Die Hard whatever number was silly as all fucks.

I'll admit that A Good Day To Die Hard was def the worst in the series, to me it lacked those funny moments that we're so used to hearing. That scene where he launches that truck into that sewer concrete thing was fucking amazing though, total carnage

Godzilla2014Poster.jpg

Can't wait for it. :kickass:

Saw The Hobbit, was disappointed even though I didn't have any high expectations to begin with. I may be wrong but at least it feels like there's much more CG in this movie than in LOTR, as if they got too comfortable with their computers to make the same effort with make up, set building and real stunt action scenes. To me that's desensitizing and gives the movie a very sterile feel. In Fellowship when they run from the balrog their route feels really dangerous, as if they might fall to their deaths at any moment. I don't get that feeling when they run around in the goblin cave jumping from bridge to bridge like some cartoon characters.

Also, and this applies to LOTR too, I don't think New Zealand fits as Middle Earth. Reading the books I always imagined a more Scandinavian/North American flora and climate, with lots of pine forest an the possibility of snow not restricted to mountain tops. In comparison Ted Nasmith really comes close to Tolkien's idea I think:

TN-Turin_and_his_Band_Led_to_Amon_Rudh.jpg

tumblr_md8hpig7Aa1qdy86vo1_500.jpg