The Official Movie Thread

between Europa Report, Elysium, Pacific Rim and Gravity, I think this will be a good year for scifi. Comparing Europa Report to Moon and 2001: A Space Odyssey makes my penis incredibly erect

Europa Report looks kinda meh to me. Looks similar to Prometheus which i wasn't thrilled with. Elysium looks good though.

Oh man, I loved Moon! One of my favorite recent SF ventures. That's good to hear that Europa Report was decent, I've been hearing good things from other people as well.

And I'm with Mike, especially regarding Europa Report, Elysium, and Gravity. Gonna be a fun fucking summer. :cool:

Mathiäs;10659347 said:
Europa Report looks kinda meh to me. Looks similar to Prometheus which i wasn't thrilled with. Elysium looks good though.

I've cone to realize I like "bad" sci fi movies...

But anyway, what's similar about Europa report and Prometheus? I just don't see it from the previews...

between Europa Report, Elysium, Pacific Rim and Gravity, I think this will be a good year for scifi. Comparing Europa Report to Moon and 2001: A Space Odyssey makes my penis incredibly erect

Yeah, I'm fucking excited for it. I hope my local theaters get it, otherwise I'll just buy it On Demand or something.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Elysium looks like a snoozer? That's the one with Matt Damon? Gravity looks pretty cool though.

Yeah, the whole mission to a moon to Jupiter to look for signs of intelligent life plot... although, I'm hoping that Europa Report is better executed than 2010.

Yeah, I'm fucking excited for it. I hope my local theaters get it, otherwise I'll just buy it On Demand or something.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Elysium looks like a snoozer? That's the one with Matt Damon? Gravity looks pretty cool though.

I don't know, I think Elysium could be cool. It's the same guy who made District 9.

Saw Lone Ranger yesterday. That Verbinsky faggot is an extra dumb faggot. That was absurd.

Can't fucking wait for Pacific Rim

10642_993910178955_1924942802_n.jpg

Saw Lone Ranger yesterday. That Verbinsky faggot is an extra dumb faggot. That was absurd.

It was garbage.

I've cone to realize I like "bad" sci fi movies...

But anyway, what's similar about Europa report and Prometheus? I just don't see it from the previews...

Overall premise of: expedition to x planet in hopes of finding clues to how the universe was created, find alien life on x planet, all die horrifically.

Mathiäs;10662277 said:
Overall premise of: expedition to x planet in hopes of finding clues to how the universe was created, find alien life on x planet, all die horrifically.

That formula can actually be applied to a wide variety of SF narratives, not just Prometheus and Europa Report.