The Official Movie Thread

Watched the new Carrie for the hell of it tonight. Wasn't too bad.... But I'm sure I'm biased because I find Chloe to be absolutely gorgeous for some reason. (I think my girlfriend thought I was joking and she said like ten different things about her that she didn't like... But fuck, I'd cut a finger off for her if she personally asked me to do it)

Jailbait.

Watched the trailer for "The Wolf of Wall Street" and it looks pretty good. But I think I'm going to go watch "The Departed", again.

Nice. I can't wait to see that.

My wife and I went to see The Counselor this weekend. It is well above the miserable 38% that it's garnered on Rotten Tomatoes. I've come to the conclusion that people were expecting a Ridley Scott film, and not a Cormac McCarthy screenplay. They definitely received a Scott film, which, unfortunately, is below the caliber of composition that Cormac McCarthy's composition is to the literary world.

Stop complaining about abstruse dialogue, people! That's how Cormac McCarthy writes! Instead, complain how awfully miscast Cameron Diaz was. Fucking hell, you expect her to deliver an aura of McCarthy-ian devilry? Whoever picked that bitch did so entirely for the star power, and not at all for the acting power. Other than that, it was a very well-done film.

Watched the new Carrie for the hell of it tonight. Wasn't too bad.... But I'm sure I'm biased because I find Chloe to be absolutely gorgeous for some reason. (I think my girlfriend thought I was joking and she said like ten different things about her that she didn't like... But fuck, I'd cut a finger off for her if she personally asked me to do it)
This. I always thought she was cute. Give her another couple of years and DAMN....

Can anyone recommend me some good and atmospheric horror movies?

I like the "supernatural" kind of horror, slashers and killers don't scare me in a movie and I don't need huge amounts of blood flowing, to be entertained.

Movies I really enjoyed were for example Shining, The Others, Rose Red, Haunted ('95), the first two or three Paranormal Activity movies, Ju-On and the likes.

If you know good ones in a similar style, please tell me.

I fucking sat and cried at the end of Jacobs Ladder.

I like ghost stories and slow burners myself. Try The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh, House of the Devil, The Conjuring, Dead Silence, and maybe The Woman in Black. And for anyone that likes old school horror cringing at that list, I went with what he mentioned as guide lines.