The Official Movie Thread

The conjuring for me wasn't really scary at all, but it felt a little different than most of those movies for whatever reason. Thought it felt a little fresher than most stale possession movies rehash.

Hunger Games was alright. Since I haven't read the books I can't say whether or not it followed the story but holy shit it was long af.

Recently saw Maniac on Netflix with Elijah Wood. I haven't seen the original but I really liked it. It's sort of like if Drive had been a horror film and it really nails the first person perspective style of filming. There's only like two or three scenes that aren't viewed through the main character's eyes, but it really works.

NSFW trailer for Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac:

http://vimeo.com/80071592

Apparently he's given up his intended final cut which runs 5 1/2 hours. Now it'll be split into two parts, each two hours. I'm kinda bi-polar when it comes to Von Trier. I love Breaking The Waves, one of the best films of the 90's if you ask me, like Antichrist and I've seen Melancholia twice yet still couldn't tell you if I like it or not. His other stuff really doesn’t interest me to be honest. That being said, I have a feeling I'll love Nymphomaniac.

Recently saw Maniac on Netflix with Elijah Wood. I haven't seen the original but I really liked it. It's sort of like if Drive had been a horror film and it really nails the first person perspective style of filming. There's only like two or three scenes that aren't viewed through the main character's eyes, but it really works.
I just got a copy of this from a friend who works for the publisher. Heard it's quite good.

I watched Save The Date this week. It's got Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan and Martin Starr. Cute movie.

You people suck. Can't belive I had to go fish for this thread on page 2.

qBCkb.jpg

Good movie.
solid acting.
Felt modern (not draging slow) but not at all MTV video like.
Genres: Drama. Not action, not a retarded thriller. But not a chick flick.
Based on a true story, so it says.
Go see. Didn't feel like I wasted my time. Kinda was too short maybe.
Did not reach for the remote once.

The Wee Man is a 2013 Scottish Gangster film directed by Ray Burdis depicting the true life story of Scottish criminal Paul Ferris.

NSFW trailer for Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac:

http://vimeo.com/80071592

Apparently he's given up his intended final cut which runs 5 1/2 hours. Now it'll be split into two parts, each two hours. I'm kinda bi-polar when it comes to Von Trier. I love Breaking The Waves, one of the best films of the 90's if you ask me, like Antichrist and I've seen Melancholia twice yet still couldn't tell you if I like it or not. His other stuff really doesn’t interest me to be honest. That being said, I have a feeling I'll love Nymphomaniac.

People actually enjoy Von Trier films? I've only seen Antichrist, but I can't really say that I "enjoyed" the movie. I can appreciate it and stuff, but I can't say that I liked watching the movie.

Finally watched Europa Report. I was expecting the modern 2001 and got a more intelligent Mission to Mars. Fun to watch, but like Prometheus, it's just not subtle enough in its message.

Thought Europa report was unique in that several of the death scenes were actually very sad. The guy floating off into nothingness... Fuck that's true horror incarnated to me right there. No instant death, being truly helpless... Slowly falling away from reality itself, realizing you're about to lose everything and everyone you love and having to think about it until you finally run out of air then suffocate in goddamn silence..

People actually enjoy Von Trier films? I've only seen Antichrist, but I can't really say that I "enjoyed" the movie. I can appreciate it and stuff, but I can't say that I liked watching the movie.

Melancholia was absolutely gorgeous. As far as the modern fantasy of annihilation goes, it was one of the better expressions.

Catching Fire sucked. tried hard to be emotional and shit but was just stupid

Thor 2 was predictable but it at least it was fun to watch