The Official Movie Thread

Just got done watching it, fucking ruled. I can see why it's your favourite, they took the first film with its gritty urban slasher elements and turned it into a crazy action movie with non-stop pacing. Also having Robert Davi play the lead was a great choice, love that guy in anything he's in.

Yeah davi is awesome. The guy who plays turkell is a fucking nut too

Turkell.JPG

Reactions: CiG
David Cronenberg Isn’t Finished With Film Yet.
I was thinking, for a while, that I might be finished with film, and I’ve been doing a lot of writing. But I think I’m not finished with film. I’m intrigued by the Netflix paradigm and the whole concept of streaming. And I never really thought about creating a TV series before Netflix, but I am thinking of it now. There’s a possibility I might turn my novel into a TV series or other projects, so we’ll see how that goes.

Decided to save it for tonight instead. I barely got around to watching C.H.U.D. yesterday as it was, so I went with The Detective which I was already halfway through from the other day.

@RadicalThrasher was just out buying groceries and saw Shot Caller on DVD reduced, swoop swoop nigga. Might watch that today.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Public holiday today so I'm having a bit of a movie marathon. I have these two lined up for this afternoon:

MV5BMjcyNzQyMjI0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU2MDc5MDE@._V1_.jpg

wetetsw.jpg

And if my plan to avoid all human contact and avoid all visitors today pans out, I should get around to Maniac Cop 3, The New World and Polanski's Repulsion. Knowing my luck half my family will randomly show up though and want to do something. :erk:

That Invisible Man adaption looks fucking great man, will definitely be seeing that whenever it's out. Same with that Stewart deep sea horror. Things are already looking interesting for 2020 horror.

Edit:

Putting this here so I don't forget to watch it post-Beyond and see if I can get a little more into his mind and his influences for the film/aesthetics.