The Official Movie Thread

Action movie lockdown.....

tenor.gif

Reactions: CiG
I watched The Man Who Killed Don Quixote as I finally finished reading the book (after just over 19 months, that's some kinda record for me). It's alright. I've seen people draw some lofty themes from it and the premise is great, but it's all handled quite clumsily. I felt it was just chaos from the beginning as I tried to tune into what the fuck was going on, so I reckon I'd enjoy it more on second viewing.

Also saw Eyes of Laura Mars and was impressed by its intensity, at least for the first two thirds. I guess I liked that the surreal element wasn't overbearing. Can anyone recommend any other old mystery/thriller-type films of a similar intensity? (to Tommy Lee Jones' monobrow)
tommy lee jones.jpg

Yeah, definitely comparable. Seen it but don't remember it that well. Somehow it landed on my original movies-to-see list which I built up to around 120 films before I found time to start shrinking that from 2015 onwards. I would've watched 100s more since those original 120, but not nearly as many as some of you dudes!