The Official Movie Thread

Just saw Step Brothers, there were a few cheap laughs, but I think Will Ferrel films are getting more and more retarded.

watched Spacehunter on the bus yesterday. I love bad sci fi movies where they speak silly.
"They've been up-taken. We're heading into the zone."
"With what brainworking?"
etc.

I also watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. I thought it was way longer and slower than it needed to be. It also really didn't go anywhere interesting.

Speaking of John C. Reilly, I actually enjoyed Walk Hard much more than all these Ferrel films that have been out recently.

Have you seen Hard Eight? He plays a dramatic role in that and does a really good job. The movie is marred by poor pacing but it's decent and has a good cast. It was made by the same guy who did Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood

Just watched Dragon Tiger Gate. I thought this one was pretty cool. It's a Chinese graphic novel adaptation. Donnie Yen is cool as always. Nice to see a decent budget on this one. The sound will tear your theater apart!

Einherjar, I thought a little more about Seven Swords. It seemed as though whole scenes were cut out which made it confusing. I think a little more thrown in for continuity would have helped.

Just watched Wanted.
Sweet jesus.
That film is so mind numbingly terrible it makes me want to cut out the memories of watching it.
There was a terrible plot, not enough naked Angelina Jolie, bad acting, completely undeveloped characters that could have been interesting, and a truly soddy ending.

saw The Quick and the Dead (1987), and I quite enjoyed it. I'm surprised that Kate Capshaw actually did alright, quite an improvement from Temple of Doom.

Tropic Thunder looks amusing.
It did look entertaining in the trailer. But then I realized that I'd just seen all the good jokes in the movie.

Just watched Wanted.
Sweet jesus.
That film is so mind numbingly terrible it makes me want to cut out the memories of watching it.
There was a terrible plot, not enough naked Angelina Jolie, bad acting, completely undeveloped characters that could have been interesting, and a truly soddy ending.
Ok, but is the action any good?
You realize that's why people go to see these things, yes?

Just saw The Park Is Mine, an awesome obscure 80's action movie starring Tommy Lee Jones. It's about a war veteran who takes control of Central Park to get some kinda message through to the people.