The Official Movie Thread

wasn't it great?!?!? I rewatched Antichrist Yesterday. Fuck was it beautiful. But honestly, I don't think I really understood what the movie means... especially with the very ending...Its almost as if he's paying a tribute to all the women who have died unjustly or something? WHat ya'll think?

Moon - Really liked this one.

I rented this a week ago and then had no time to watch it. I'll be getting it again soon.

wasn't it great?!?!? I rewatched Antichrist Yesterday. Fuck was it beautiful. But honestly, I don't think I really understood what the movie means... especially with the very ending...Its almost as if he's paying a tribute to all the women who have died unjustly or something? WHat ya'll think?

Where can I fucking see this film!?!? I've wanted to for several months now but it isn't fucking out in the States!

And from what I've read, it's anything but a tribute to women; Von Trier is a pretty big misogynist.

Where can I fucking see this film!?!? I've wanted to for several months now but it isn't fucking out in the States!

Actually it was playing at the theater I went to when I saw Until the Light Takes Us. I never went and saw it though. :erk:

It's available to stream online via Netflix.

I thought the visuals and performances were great and all, but everything else about it made me want to punch Von Trier in the balls. Perhaps I missed a string of philosophical subtleties, but it really seemed like a misogynist, half-assed attempt to be profound. Can anyone that really liked it shed some light on the undertones that most people such as myself likely missed?

Oh he is eh? Yeah It was one or the other... But honestly I suck at deriving meaning from things, it was just the ending scene that realllly confused me. But yeah hope you can find it, great movie!

AT Einherjer

I've watched about half of Antichrist so far. It seems like an interesting film although I absolutely hated the opening scene.

watched An Education last night. There may be spoilers in my review...

Overall, I thought the movie was fairly decent. It wasn't amazing. There was some nice cinematography and junk. Peter Saarsgard is rather dashing and could probably seduce me if he wanted to. It reminded me of Lolita mixed with something else I can't quite put my finger on. I thought how the story handled Peter's uh "job" and "secret" was nice and fairly tasteful. The best character in the movie is Jack, the dad. He's hilarious

and Carey Mulligan totally should've won for best supporting actress, but oh well. I'm sure she'll have other opportunities.

but there were quite a few "WTF?" moments

Where The Wild Things Are - I wanted to like this more than I did. The monsters reeked of 80's muppet-era puppetry, which I like. In the end, I really didn't like the kid and just felt he needed his ass whacked pretty good.

I kind of felt the same about WTWTA. I really didn't even like the movie, it was entertaining and enjoyable for the last 20 minutes for me.

But, anyways, I just watched the Blind Side. I really liked it. It actually got to my heart. I'm still wanting to see The Lovely Bone.

Just watched 28 Days Later for the first time. Guess I'm a bit late to jump on this ship. But wow, what a steaming pile of shit. I was kind of on the fence about Danny Boyle before, but after sitting through this incompetent mess I'm not sure how much hope there is for him to redeem himself.

so I just watched Ingmar Bergman's Cries and Whispers...jesus christ. that was intense

Cries and Whispers is one of the Bergman movies I can't get into. I don't neccesarily feel it's bad, but I've watched it two times, and each time I've felt like I missed the whole message of the movie. Liv Ullman is so stunning in that movie though, fuck, I want to spend a lifetime with her.

The Men Who Stare At Goats - The title, cast, and premise reeked of a Coen Brothers picture but this was missing that subtle charm they are usually able to gather from their scripts. In the end, this was okay for a viewing but it will soon be forgotten.

Just finished watching a very disturbing french horror/slasher film called 'Frontiers'.It's one of the best in the genre that i've seen for quite some time,certainly better than 'Haute Tension'.Gonna watch 'Inside' next which is another French slasher that's had some great reviews,if it's anything like 'Frontiers' it will be literally sick!Anyone know of any other great french horror/slasher flicks produced over the last few years?