The Official Movie Thread

I know it has been out now and I knew from the beginning I would find it a waste of my time and I was right. And that waste of time was Paranormal Activity. My brother and his girlfriend, my twin sister and her boyfriend, and me (very awkward, by the way) all watched it and everyone had this hype that it was "scary". It was garbage. I took like a 45 minute nap through it and I was disappointed that it wasn't over. My older brother actually knows a guy would couldn't sleep for a week because of it. How? And then after that we all watched The Fourth Kind, I actually liked that movie. It was way better than Paranormal Activity and kept me interested in it.

It's something you definitely needed to see in theatres, imo.
Slasher horror is entertaining to me, but far from scary.... I'd rather have something like this, atleast trying to get in my head. (in theatres anyway)

Watch Hatchet. Awesome hack and slash, you just cant win brutality. :)

I just finished watching Until the Light Takes Us. Very cool, it's got a great mood and atmosphere to it. However, it really doesn't go into any depth at all in regards to the Norwegian black metal scene. There's better documentaries out there that cover black metal's origins if that's what you're looking for. But I enjoyed it and I honestly think this sort of thing would be great if it were a miniseries.

Yeah Jacob's Ladder is fucking awesome. The mental hospital scene is unreallll.

Just watched Metropolis ( 2001,Anime) awesome. Had a Bioshock feel in a way, and the colors and design were perfect imo.

I just read a list of clues by David Lynch to keep in mind when watching Mulholland Drive, will try to watch it again and see if I can get something this time.

Yeah 500 days of summer was pretty good actually. Watched it on the plane to Japan.

YEsterday I watched Capitalism: a Love Story. AS Ive said before, I dont have movie critic skill's, so Ill just say that I liked it and that it honestly made me not want to be a part of capitalism.

watched Le Cercle Rouge the other day and found it to be very enjoyable. Fans of the cool crime/heist genre should look here as this seems to be one of the foundation films (I think...1970s french film). Interesting setup and execution of plot and details. Of course there are a lot of conveniences throughout (a helpful ladder here, knowing a perfect marksman there, etc...), but otherwise it was pretty good. worth checking out

Ninja Assassin - Hmm. Dare to suspend belief and roll with it? I mean, it's "ninjas" after all. I'm not sure if I'm down with this trend of CGI blood or maybe it's people getting nicked and seeing a gout of the stuff spray forth. Well, aside from glaring WTF's, it did have a certain heart to it. It's cool to see Sho Kusogi still rolling. I'm sure he laughed at this until he saw the paycheck.

Would people really be disappointed if ninjas were actually portrayed correctly? Probably and that sucks.

watched Le Cercle Rouge the other day and found it to be very enjoyable. Fans of the cool crime/heist genre should look here as this seems to be one of the foundation films (I think...1970s french film). Interesting setup and execution of plot and details. Of course there are a lot of conveniences throughout (a helpful ladder here, knowing a perfect marksman there, etc...), but otherwise it was pretty good. worth checking out

The best heist movie ever made!

Finally got around to watching Law Abiding Citizen. Wow, way to ruin a 9/10ths of an awesome movie by leaving a million loose ends after painting yourself into a corner and relying on impossible bullshit to finish the movie.