The Official Trek Thread

The newer films seem like they're too much of a response to the criticism and failure of Nemesis. The original series was never that throwaway ('m talking about the last two films here), it followed the same formula as pretty much all of The Next Generation (or rather vice versa). Someone remembered a few moments of Kirk fist fighting an alien and deciding the whole thing should be made out of cheese.

Working my way through the second season of DS9. Definitely starting to pick up the pace compared to the first season.

My objectively better take on the U.S.S. Enterprise from the last two movies.

A, the warp nacelles are a lot less retarded now, and not stupid huge.
B, the ship's registry number is on the ventral section of the saucer again, like it was on every Federation ship before the reboot.

485452_10153341554620034_1088915301_n.jpg

So, I finished Voyager. It's not as great as I thought it was at first. Seasons 3-5 were fucking awesome, but it really tapered off after that.

Here is how I would rank the ST franchise so far:

TNG
DS9
VOY

I agree Voyager loses a lot around season 5. I did a marathon and the first 4 seasons I was enjoying it but I had to force myself to finish the last couple seasons, especially the final one.

I have recently tried DS9 for about the forth time amd once again I just cannot get past season 1. I dont like any of the characters amd no matter how often I hear DS9 is great I just dont see it. Nobody stands out as likeable in their roles like other series, it almost feels out of place it's hard to explain.

I love all seasons of Voyager, tis actually (behind Next Generation, anyways, TNG will always be first) my second favorite favorite Star Trek series.

Also thoughts on the sketch? Too much change? Too little? I notice the nacelle pylons look sorta dumb in retrospect but I tried to combine the original TOS Enterprise with the reboot one somewhat.

I agree Voyager loses a lot around season 5. I did a marathon and the first 4 seasons I was enjoying it but I had to force myself to finish the last couple seasons, especially the final one.

I have recently tried DS9 for about the forth time amd once again I just cannot get past season 1. I dont like any of the characters amd no matter how often I hear DS9 is great I just dont see it. Nobody stands out as likeable in their roles like other series, it almost feels out of place it's hard to explain.

First season is the hardest. Get past that and it's great.

Also, check this out:

http://www.scrolldowntoriker.com

http://lafiga.firedoglake.com/2013/11/08/qapla-first-klingon-elected-to-office-in-new-york-state/

Klingon Chancellor Martok, under his Earth name of John Hertzler, has been elected to the Ulysses Town Board in Tompkins County, near Ithaca. According to the Ithaca Times, Hertzler was introduced at Democratic party’s caucus in August as the only Klingon general living in Ulysses.

Hertzler, an adjunct professor at Cornell University’s film and theater department, has the distinction of being one of only four actors to play seven different characters on the various “Star Trek” incarnations. A working actor, he has also appeared in numerous other television series, and is slated to appear in the upcoming film, Star Trek: Anaxar, which begins production in 2014.

A former EPA employee under the Nixon Administration, Hetzler is staunchly opposed to fracking, writing on his campaign website:

The immense and under-reported risks of environmental destruction of land, air and water quality due to this particular drilling technique is not compatible with human habitation and must not be allowed to happen here. I have invested everything I have in this home and I will not see it destroyed for the sake of short term profit by some oil and gas company based in Houston or Tulsa or Norway. I do believe in encouraging other business and industry here such as expansion of the vinyards and tourism, dairy farming, grain farming, and home building… all life-affirming and appropriate manner of development for our region.

Qapla’, success and good luck, Chancellor Martok!