The Photography Thread

Awesome shots Alina! Did you get to meet Trevor? He's a really nice dude!
Thanks!
Yup, he's awesome we've happened to spend a lot of time together and even were eating at KFC :erk:.. (that was my KFC debut too!)
Though I never knew what Obituary members look like before, neither their names and when I was shaking his hand I was clever enough to ask: "so which band are you from? Devin Towsend?"... He was like ""err... no, Obituary...". (and my friend who introduced me to him told that to me like 10 times! but my memory sucks....) God, I felt stupid.

@Neurotica - Those are some great photos, I like how the colours turn out. Do you do a lot of editing afterwards?

Speaking of concert photos, I have been watching this guy on deviantart, I think he plays with some really interesting perspectives, he is my favorite concert photographer :):

Sotajumala_I_by_HenriKack.jpg

Behemoth_II_by_HenriKack.jpg

Sabaton_II_by_HenriKack.jpg

mokoma_v_by_henrikack-d333xlf.jpg

Whitesnake_II_by_HenriKack.jpg

Scorpions_II_by_HenriKack.jpg

disco_ensemle_ii_by_henrikack-d30yjom.jpg

all his pictures are dynamic, powerful and look really fun.

Yes, Henri is very talented and he has his special style.
Thanks for the kind words, Raina.
Some of my photos need a lot of pp, and some don't at all. All depends on the lights of the scene (as I almost don't use flash).

Generally speaking, I think post-processing is the way to go.

I've been amazed lately at seeing so many GWC's releasing TONNES of photos (sets of 200 shots or more) with no post-processing at all. I guess they pretty much don't know how to use Photoshop, Lightroom or anything.

GWC: GuyWithCamera - they call themselves photographers but they're not, they rip people off into thinking they are and know nothing and take BAD shots.

EDIT: Alina - if I didn't know better, Henri's shots look identical to your's. Even his processing technique looks the same.

I'm honestly not a fan of super over-the-top post processing. Sometimes it can look great, but most of the time it's just way too over the top.

Thanks!
Yup, he's awesome we've happened to spend a lot of time together and even were eating at KFC :erk:.. (that was my KFC debut too!)
Though I never knew what Obituary members look like before, neither their names and when I was shaking his hand I was clever enough to ask: "so which band are you from? Devin Towsend?"... He was like ""err... no, Obituary...". (and my friend who introduced me to him told that to me like 10 times! but my memory sucks....) God, I felt stupid.

Hahahah, yeah, I hate when you know they're in band but you don't really want to ask.

After Scion I was in the Morbid Angel guitar tech's room and he was there, and then Thor from MA came in and started talking about Obituary stuff to Trevor so than I realized :lol:

Thor also asked me what band I was in :lol:

I just learned that when you are shooting raw, the camera doesn't auto-apply sharpening like it does with other formats! HAHAHA!

Portraitz:

kot5_by_spinalmesh-d25ri9v.jpg

466726acacbe9687a2fce6e3c553377b-d22ujcd.jpg

kot2_by_spinalmesh-d22ttfa.jpg

sick_of_this_sity____by_spinalmesh-d31we52.jpg

Astaroth2_by_SpinalMesh.jpg

79ffbfa665907f6bd933fd289b607b29-d2yfqgn.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/093
/2/a/2a1df9968127c6f7b5bbe0f900d9675f.jpg

a9b7cfc905380104ff086d64f5556899.jpg

2766d5c95a95a90d00af98b68e8df8bb-d2fe7be.jpg

alexandra_vii_by_spinalmesh-d1shusc.jpg

One of my personal faves. Alina knows why I'm pretty sure.

4066322967_09dec7db5e.jpg

Various photos from pole dance competitions. The girls are incredibly talented and strong (no folks, they don't strip).

4861062022_8fc7df0005.jpg

4790232618_ee372bd733.jpg

My friend Mike, taken at a cemetary as the full moon rises behind him:

3889304217_81cb807b54_z.jpg

6am the morning of the famous Sydney Dust storms, 2009

3971457856_d9e274609c_z.jpg

A drunk in a haze, in the middle of the city, Sydney.
3857812253_0da15a5ba3.jpg

Mother Mars, a local Stoner/Doom band:

3891837937_7ecbd08dfc.jpg

Sleepmakeswaves, my friends' post-rock band:

3751975180_fb96519896.jpg

Yes, Hubsie... The very first one, Sydney morning and the drunk guy in the haze totally kick ass! Love em

I like the dust storm photo too - beautiful colors; as well as the cemetary one - gives off a solemn feeling.

As for Neurotica (or Alina is your name? Didn't know you also had it in Ukraine), my favorites are the 4th with the girl holding her hair up (must have taken a bit to arrange her hair in that position :lol:) and the 8th with the long haired guy is very expressive, you really bring into attention the eyes, also the freckles are charming. The fact that the models are beautiful/handsome also helps ^^

Thank you, thank you!
Yeah, thats my name, I know Romanians have it too ;) You're right, I love to ephasize eyes, and god, I'm very picky when it comes to choosing models :p

It's great that you can afford to be picky! A lot of my friends don't want/like to be photographed - sometimes it's hard to organize a 'photo session'.