The Tech Question Thread

i bought a new laser printer today ... was 120 bucks original ... on sale for negrow friday for 50 lei.
the toner I needed for my old printer was 68 forints ... so i would say this was a no brainer.

now onto that bed i need to put together.

I'm working on my printer right now actually....had to reset my network password. Took fucking forever to rconfigure this stupid Canon.

I'm working on my printer right now actually....had to reset my network password. Took fucking forever to rconfigure this stupid Canon.

this thing was crazy with Win 7.
i installed the driver on the main PC ... didn't even share it.
when I went to the laptop, the thing was already installed wirelessly through this Homegroup setup we have in the house. (uhm ... apartment)

what kinda printer did ya get?
I have a Canon MX410. Got it for $100 a couple months ago when I had to buy $60 of ink for my existing piece of shit. Buying a new all-in-one for $40 more made sense to me.

Two months later I found myself buying $60 worth of ink for it hahahahahahaha

printing shitty documents ... i haven't had the need to print in color in over a decade.

printing shitty documents ... i haven't had the need to print in color in over a decade.

If speed isn't an issue and the volumes aren't great, just go for the cheapest laser. At wpork we have this for most prints up to 330x488 mm but getting dark shades in photos accurate can often be a bitch. The machine is aging, but still beyond what home users can aspire to in laser printing quality I think. For photos we've got an epson stylus something that rarely gets used, and for big format printing and/or print&cut we have a Roland SC-540.

i just bought the printer you qouted me before today :loco:

but the GODFATHER of laser printers is the HP Laserjet 4 ... that thing is like Mothra ... can't be killed. a workhorse like no other.

i just bought the printer you qouted me before today :loco:

but the GODFATHER of laser printers is the HP Laserjet 4 ... that thing is like Mothra ... can't be killed. a workhorse like no other.

From the link I just get some xip code bullshit and can't be arsed to google because Iä'm drunking up here in suécia, but it's probably good. If it's jsut for reading/storing, you more or less can't fail.

yes this is the motherfucking shit right here

they go for $5 too, so i have NO IDEA why anyone ever buys a new laser printer

laserjet IIIs too. they cost $2400 in 1990, they cost $5 now, they still print like nobody's frickin business