The Tech Question Thread

don't know what apps are good for your mobile device?

THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

My favourite app (the only one I use come to think of it) comes installed on Cyanogen mod for my Nexus One already.

TORCH!

Turns your flash into a flashlight. You can even make it strobe if you are in da club.

Obviously you shouldn't use it for extended periods of time unless you are intending to burn it out.

there are $20 nokias that come with built-in actual flashlights

now what

there are $20 nokias that come with built-in actual flashlights

now what

there are actual cree flashlights I can buy for $20

now what

oh right now nothing because that was a completely pointless point you brought up to begin with, congrats

i have a serious question about these networked/wi-fi built in bluray players such as [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004N85YB0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A228GNTXW0TH0L[/ame]

since they are wi-fi can they access files off my PC? like movies I have on it? or is the wi-fi strictly for streaming shit off of Netflix, etc.

also there is some sort of USB and also RJ-45 connection on them ... something must be able to allow connection to outside data.

i am seriously thinking to downgrade my Time Warner Cable account which at this point I am only keeping active for kids shows ... and would rather jump onto something like this player + a $9/month Netflix account (lots of kids stuff on Netflix streaming right?)

Netflix blows for kidz stuff
You'll just end up buying BD-DVD combo packs of movies for the little one

The wi-fi on my Panasonic is strictly for player-specific applications. There are a multitude and it's updated constantly but I don't even care. The wi-fi is a little slow, too...and sometimes cuts out mid-movie.

I hope that helps.

The wi-fi on my Panasonic is strictly for player-specific applications. There are a multitude and it's updated constantly

you mean shit like Hulu and other pay per view stuff?

what is the network connection for then?

so what can I use to suck data from my PC and play it right on my TV wirelessly?
I know there are devices out there for this ... tell me dammit.