The Tech Question Thread

one my buddies overseas was getting his wireless tapped into as he didn't secure it.
he find out who it was and he changed his router name to "JoeIamwatchingyou" ...

You could also pick up a smart phone and tether it(get the Nexus One and tether it for free or any other android phone for like 10-30 bucks). That means you can use your phones internet with your computer. Also you get a pretty damn ace phone that can internet.

yay ...

893092392.png

Had to try this since it's been a while:

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about on this page.
I'm no longer going to have Comcast and I need a constant high-speed internet provider. What do I do?

Had to try this since it's been a while:

From one extreme to the other:

I am jealous of Sweden's incredible fast broadband network. The government are currently planning a new (40 or something fucking billion dollar) network. We're way shit at keeping up with the rest of the world.

Edit: Alghough, I should mention, I use wireless broadband. I have commitment issues.

Im just curious because I have always assumed my connection was WPA2 encrytpted but then last night I see on my connection through Vista it says the SSID as linkysys, my router, not my nickname and says "unsecured." It has been plaguing my mind ever since.