The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I can't get enough of Jeff Buckley, I can only dream of having a voice like his.

edit: On a side note, why do the best musicians always have to kill themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's unbelievable how spot on his voice is. The 30 second long falsetto scream near the end is one of the most spine chilling musical moments that I have ever experienced.

This is pretty much the point in the conversation where I have to mention that I saw him live on the Grace tour and yeah it was one of the best things I've ever seen.

I almost cried when I heard he died. Such a waste. And such a shame he never completed his second album.

Jesus, that has to be the coolest thing I have heard in a long time.

Him and Elliott Smith both, but at least Elliott had the chance to write a big chunk of music before his passing. It's disappointing too because Sketches, especially the unfinished songs, really had the potential to top Grace. I actually gave Sketches my first full listen today and thought to myself, "This has to be some of the weirdest music I have ever heard", and then I found out that it was barely half finished. Musicians like him don't come around often enough.

Most of the Sketches stuff was to be binned as he wasn't happy with how it was going. He drowned when they had just gotten together again to re-record it.

It's unbelievable how spot on his voice is. The 30 second long falsetto scream near the end is one of the most spine chilling musical moments that I have ever experienced.

Are you familiar with Ours? Jimmy Gnecco hasn't offed himself yet. Saw them live. Such incredible pipes!

I love this chick's (from Berlin) voice. This is a bit repetitive though, but still cool.

Ever since playing the Silent Hill HD Collection (it's really not as bad as everyone says), I've been listening to a lot of Akira Yamaoka. Thinking of getting the Silent Hill 1-4 soundtracks. His work really "clicks" with me.

Akira Yamoaka's guitar pieces are so damn moving. I think this one is my favorite.