The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Death in June and Sol Invictus are crap. Laibach use nazi imagery ironically but pull it off so much better than pretty much everyone I've heard that does it seriously.

Ashes Against the Grain by Agolloch supposedly falls under the neofolk category, partially, according to wikipedia. In that case then it's the only good album or even song I've heard within that genre.

Just listen to Agalloch and maybe early Ulver and ignore all of the bald nazis singing badly to very repetitive badly produced songs.

yotube

The Death In June album Mort posted is probably better than just about any non-metal you people listen to.

They're one of the worst popular bands I've ever heard. Seriously, Agalloch have some similarities in their sound to neo-folk, but they make actual good music with it. The difference is amazing.

They're incredibly repetitive and talking about accessibility is bizarre given how simple their music is.

eh, I suppose I can see some redeeming qualities in DIJ, it's just they've put out album after album of bad singing and very simple strumming.