The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

mbv%20cover_jpg_640x500_q85.jpg

It may be Loveless but I still love it. Been testing the Shoegaze waters over the last few days and am really enjoying it (MBV, Slowdive, Lush, Ringo Deathstarr, Ride, Swervedriver, etc). Good stuff.

Loveless! I think I saw you scrobbling their first album too or something like that. What did you think of it? I like all their EP's/Loveless/m b v, but I haven't really gotten around to that thing.

Yeah I was listening to it earlier. I liked it, have only heard it once so need to spin it again. But it is not on the same level of Loveless, I think. I have yet to hear m b v, from this band I have only heard those two albums so far.

Don't know if it's the radio's fault at my work but I enjoy:

And

At least the guy who sings before Avicii must ruin something that could be a great song. Otherwise I can also enjoy some country. But I pay so much attention to Metal so I rarely listen to anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
m-b-v.jpg

Liked this one, even tho I think the first two are better with Loveless being at the top.

Onder. You like Prokofiev, right? Instruct me, Czechboy. I find his stuff appealing in a musical sense, but there's something about it I can't really grasp. Like, what am I supposed to feel when listening to the music? It's not particularly dark to my ears (see Shosty, Bartok, Ligeti, etc) or particularly beautiful (see Romanticism, a good bit of Impressionism, etc)...Prokofiev is certainly not "middle of the road" but something feels emotionally "neutral" about the whole thing and I don't know what I'm listening to. HALP.

I feel like Mort because I'm really digging this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Onder. You like Prokofiev, right? Instruct me, Czechboy. I find his stuff appealing in a musical sense, but there's something about it I can't really grasp. Like, what am I supposed to feel when listening to the music? It's not particularly dark to my ears (see Shosty, Bartok, Ligeti, etc) or particularly beautiful (see Romanticism, a good bit of Impressionism, etc)...Prokofiev is certainly not "middle of the road" but something feels emotionally "neutral" about the whole thing and I don't know what I'm listening to. HALP.

I don't know what you're supposed to feel :loco:, and I think I like things by him that are not the most important historically. I feel mother Russia while listening to the Alexander Nevsky suite and I feel it strong :p, but there are things far more "beautiful" like the second violin concerto. You like shosty quartets same as me? Have you heard the Prokofiev quartets?

EDIT: Oh and the classicist symphony, I forgot the number... I don't know the other symphonies tbh. I'm much more a shostakovich / tchaikovsky person.

I've only listened to Shosty quartets 3/4/8/15, but they are quite sexually arousing.

I just wish I had more feels.