The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Somehow I went from Bathory to these guys tonight:

I've barely skimmed the surface of the electro genre, but I like its aggression, so it's growing on me. Besides, Velvet Acid Christ is a hilarious band name.

I still think this is her best album so far.
Haven't heard Lust for Life yet though but the artists featured already turn me off.
Aside from the song with Stevie Nicks, the other songs with guest "artists" are the worst on the album. And the lyrics to "Coachella" are god awful. The rest however is quite good, great even at times. The biggest issue with it is a clash of aesthetics, where hyper modernity will totally cancel out the old school girl group vibe she's going for. This actually surprised me as I feel she's always been pretty adept at putting a contemporary filter on that 60's pop-esque sound but here the balance is off in spots. When it works though, it really works. "Love" still makes me weak in the knees, "White Mustang" is one of the most gorgeous songs she's ever done and "Get Free" is a good example of the old/new styles working in tandem. She even put a short clip from Carnival of Souls in "13 Beaches" which is cool.

2 choice tracks from one of EC's best albums.

Last edited:
Somehow I went from Bathory to these guys tonight:

I've barely skimmed the surface of the electro genre, but I like its aggression, so it's growing on me. Besides, Velvet Acid Christ is a hilarious band name.

There's a dark electro band playing this Sunday by the name of Lorelei Dreaming which apparently has a former member of VAC.

Naturally, it sounds fresh and exciting, since I am even less familiar with the genre than you.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
9cb83105f1a520211fcfba6d93e52fe9.608x608x1.jpg

Last edited: