The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Kevin Hufnagel (GORGUTS) Streams New Dark Electronica Album Under INVISIBLE TRACES Name.

Kevin Hufnagel, whose name you know from his guitar playing in Gorguts and Dysrhythmia and from his solo work, has just released yet another incredible bit of music. Hufnagel just released his new Invisible Traces record under the name Invisible Traces, which he describes as "a detour into dark electronic/dance music, still featuring a lot of guitar though." Hufnagel also mentions the piece is very influenced by true crime TV themes (Forensic Files, Unsolved Mysteries, The FBI Files).

The singer of this band also used to own a record store in a shithole, warzone neighborhood in chicago called the dummyroom. Used to take a bus there in the early 90's. Was a cool, very small place. Good memories

Sturgill_Simpson_-_Sound_%26_Fury.png

Finally gave Sturgill Simpson's new record a few more spins. And I still don't know how I feel about it. Maybe I'm just being a "butt hurt fanboy who wants him to make Metamodern 15 more times", something Sturg said referring to a country journalist in a recent podcast, but his words and voice in this are still very much country, just set to driving synth-rock. It's an interesting combination, I guess, and I'm not one to pin an artist down to one genre, they can do whatever the fuck they want as long as it's genuine and not a cash grab. I just don't know if I like this album very much even letting it stand on its own, separate from the music that made me a huge fan of his.

That song he did for Jim Jarmusch's The Dead Don't Die is pretty good, though.

Been getting really deep into synthwave and a little bit into related genres like vaporwave. A couple favorites below.

Deadlife is amazing, especially on this album. I've been studying how to make electronic music lately and I can already recognize that what this guy does is advanced. I wish I could sit down with this guy and pick his brain to find out how he makes some of his sounds.

I guess this 2814 album is like vaporwave/ambient or whatever. It's a collaboration between two prominent artists in these genres. It's become one of my absolute favorite albums. It's a perfect late-night isolation album. Very fitting for these times.

Reactions: arg