The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Recently made my Belated Top 30 Albums of 2019 list. Mostly atmospheric metal, but there's a good bit of Dark Folk in there too. Some very good shit on there y'all might not have heard, also please let me know if I missed any sleepers.
Given this is a non-metal thread, for 2019 I particularly liked the albums from Sulfate (slowcore type stuff) and Yugen Blakrok (hip-hop but somewhat atmospheric).

On a related note, you might like to add your top non-metal albums from your 2018 list to this poll thread. It might be too disparate to ever be tallied up, but every list helps I guess.

Reactions: Draehl
Another case of literally-just-discovered-this but it's apparently some form Hungarian folk-influenced psych rock that at time borders on outsider metal with a really intense singer. Just look at that fucking album cover.

Reactions: CiG

Out of the three songs on "The Red Shoes" featuring the Trio Bulgarka, this is definitely my favourite one, especially the part beginning at 2:43, when they join in.

Out of the three songs on "The Red Shoes" featuring the Trio Bulgarka, this is definitely my favourite one, especially the part beginning at 2:43, when they join in.

Yeah it's gorgeous. Always been a big favorite off that album, though my favorite is "Eat the Music" which they're not on. But they're on "Why Should I Love You?" with Prince!

Whether they're playing death/doom, prog or whatever they've been doing since 2001, Anathema remain a treasure. Lee Douglas. That is all.

Yeah it's gorgeous. Always been a big favorite off that album, though my favorite is "Eat the Music" which they're not on. But they're on "Why Should I Love You?" with Prince!
Unfortunately, that collaboration left me somewhat disappointed - I would have expected something more "special". By the way, which of the three songs with the Trio Bulgarka on "The Sensual World" is your favourite? Mine is definitely this one, also because of the guitar solo:

I'm very thankful for Kate Bush's collaboration with the Trio Bulgarka, since it made me check out Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares (now: The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices), which I've seen live several times, the last time two years ago with Lisa Gerrard, and which I have always enjoyed very much.

Unfortunately, that collaboration left me somewhat disappointed - I would have expected something more "special". By the way, which of the three songs with the Trio Bulgarka on "The Sensual World" is your favourite?
"Deeper Understanding" which might sound a bit weird these days because of the late 80's as fuck computer noises but that chorus is pure bliss. "Never Be Mine" is excellent, too.

The re-recorded version of "Deeper Understanding" she did on Director's Cut is fucking weird.

"collection of b-sides" wasn't really accurate actually:

"I've got a new album of home recordings out today on @bandcamp called 'Republic of Geordieland' - a collection of instrumentals and vocal pieces recorded during lockdown, and a couple of bits and pieces that never found a home. I hope you enjoy it!"

Reactions: CiG