The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

some newer apartments have central heat and air of course ... but I live in a Pre-war (WWI not Iraq) which has a big ass oil tank in the basement that gives heat and hot water

so where does "heat" come from if not gas/electric? do apartment buildings have central heat or something?

in sweden pretty much every apartment building has central heating but then again it's 2009 here

apartments. waste of money. get a damn house.

EDIT: my gas bill for my house is usually around $25 during the hot months and around $100 during the "cold" months

my electric bill is usually around $40 during cold months and can be anywhere from $120-$300 during hot months

Nah, I've installed some electric heating in the floors, but only in the entry hall and in the bathroom, and that was a lot of fucking work. What is :(, however, is driving to Elverum (3 hour drive) to buy moderately cheap firewood.

But yeah, lighting up the oven on a dark winter night, watching the dog curl up in front of it, maybe some mates over for beer and wine, it beats just about everything else.

apartments. waste of money. get a damn house.

EDIT: my gas bill for my house is usually around $25 during the hot months and around $100 during the "cold" months

my electric bill is usually around $40 during cold months and can be anywhere from $120-$300 during hot months

geting a damn house would involve moving to the sticks to be able to afford it.
everyone heard my rant already about this.
house in the NY area start @ around $500K and those chances are have good old oil heat which in the winter could run in the 500-900 rupee range to fill per month. conversion to gas is a possibilty of course.

newer houses use central everything of course but the prices on those start at around 700K.

i really want to buy something in Southern Florida ... serious.

Nah, I've installed some electric heating in the floors, but only in the entry hall and in the bathroom, and that was a lot of fucking work. What is :(, however, is driving to Elverum (3 hour drive) to buy moderately cheap firewood.

But yeah, lighting up the oven on a dark winter night, watching the dog curl up in front of it, maybe some mates over for beer and wine, it beats just about everything else.

Scandanavian%20Forest%20Axe.jpg
+
pinusyl14.jpg

In three hours you can cleave enough wood for quite a while plus it makes you strong and manly.

geting a damn house would involve moving to the sticks to be able to afford it.
everyone heard my rant already about this.

And everyone's already heard me tell you to move out of the Northeast. So do it. You're old, married. Why do you care about living in the City? Unless, of course, your income depends on it.

my income does depend on it and I love this damn place otherwise. not to mention that all my family and friends are here.

not to mention that I can't relate to typical middle America in general :loco:

lol ... the other thing is i even find it a pain in the ass keeping my 800sq/ft apartment in order ... can't really imagine upkeeping a house.
all I really want is a patio and a small yard ... the rest of house ownership does not really interest me :loco: