The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

i only use old nokias (although this is only like 2 years old or something, it is a low-end* phone)

i hate every modern phone. if i can't do things like open and delete a text message in 0.5 seconds i get angry because i'm very impatient with shit like this -- stupid modern phones have stupid fancy interfaces and operating systems that have LOADING TIMES between different screens -- this is completely unacceptable forever.

everything in the interface needs to be absolutely instantaneous and also i need to be able to drop my phone onto concrete several times a week without anything happening because i can't take care of my things properly apparently?

can every phone manufacturer please answer me this immediately in this thread: WHY is this phone i have with the computing power of probably a 386/16 faster at EVERYTHING than your stupid 500 dollar top model with a 500 mhz cpu

this is also why i can't use windows on my pc because it's so fucking unacceptable that things TAKE TIME. i'm not going to wait for files to be deleted or directory windows to open. fast fast fast hurry hurry!

* anti-euphemism for "robust"

p.s. i have a bottle opener in my key ring you should try that sometime

All hail Erik! I've been thinking lately about how BIG and unnecessarily gay cell phones have become. I must admit I gave in and tried an LG Venus with an ooo lala touch screen, but after two months I traded it in for the most basic candybar phone that Nokia is offering right now, the 1006. The LG frustrated the crap out of me. Also just ordered another Nokia 6610i as my backup prepaid phone. Yeeeeah 2004 :headbang:

Also, that picture is AWESOME. Great job! If only you weren't so far away, I would absolutely have you photograph my LG for Ebay :p

I still have my Nokia from 2003 but I don't use it. I have some kind of LG that I don't really use either. I would prefer to have a long range radio backpack like the ones you might see in a Vietnam movie. THAT would be sweet.
Anyway, I wanted to say that the little solid Nokia was just too small and it was uncomfortable to talk into. Apparently you guys don't have an issue with that.

How you take them there product pictures? That's pretty neat tbh

i was playing with some studio stuff we have at work. the objects were placed on a sheet of clear plexiglass, underneath which there was one fluorescent studio light. there was another studio light to camera left pointed upwards, which i could control the angle of with a reflector held in my left hand

no tripod or stupid shit like that

i'm going to build a similar setup at home probably with regular fluorescent lights, some plexiglass and aluminium foil

Ahh. That's what I thought but I didn't think you would have that kind of stuff at home so it threw off my whole understanding of the world. I didn't realize you had access to stuff like that at work. I assumed it was all some kind of computer graphics program.

naw they're photoshopped very little, levels and unsharp mask as usual

+2 exposure compensation in camera and the background blows out to complete white all by itself -- very handy.

I'm getting me a new camera. Not to take nice pics of course, because I don't know how, but to commemorate the life of dorian

cool you can ask me about which camera to get and i will have extremely acidic opinions about everything but in the end negate everything i've said by stating "the camera doesn't matter anyway" and not even elaborate on that point

There are photos of people that truly rule.

Examples:

(movie screenshot)

(movie screenshot)

(movie screenshot)

There are photos of people that truly rule.

Yeah, but couldn't you find one?

afghan-girl-portrait-127438-ga.jpg

Still a stunning photo.

meh

i dunno if something is wired wrong in my brain since the opposite should logically be true, but i don't really feel much when looking at pictures of people