The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

Those look quite comfy.

How did you guys get to Alabama? Did you once again drive right past my house and not even wave?

Dorian you live in the Nashville area right? We drove through Nashville on the way to Maryland and yeah we waved. On the way back we turned south at Knoxville and passed through Chattanooga to get to Alabamer.

Whilst driving through Nashville I remember seeing this weird development of homes right to the side of the highway, it seemed really out of place. The houses were brightly colored like yellow, green and red, and pretty much looked like perfect little dollhouses. Wtf.

If we hadn't taken the other route back and skipped Nashville, I would've gone to the Opry Mills Mall and played mandolins at the Gibson music store. MAYBE NEXT TIME

@Cara: excellent observation. That would be Section 8 (or whatever it is called nowadays) housing. I've mentioned it somewhere before amongst these hallowed pages.

So you guys came this way on 40 then? I guess that would make sense. We live on the west side of town a few miles before you get to the Briley Parkway. Was there alot of contruction there when you came through?

@Derick: I've been to that store. That mall drives me insane so I don't go to often.

On the way back we turned south at Knoxville and passed through Chattanooga to get to Alabamer.

btw, Knoxville sucks sucks sucks. Chattanooga is a nice little city. There are lots of Civil War parks there including Lookout Mountain (if you're into that kinda thing).

@Cara: excellent observation. That would be Section 8 (or whatever it is called nowadays) housing. I've mentioned it somewhere before amongst these hallowed pages.

Ah I figured as much! And yase we took 40. I don't remember if there was construction through Nashville, but there was a crapload of it through Memphis. I did get a chuckle at the yuppie loft buildings that are there now, reminded me of Dallas. I assume they're lofts/apartments anyway.

btw, Knoxville sucks sucks sucks. Chattanooga is a nice little city. There are lots of Civil War parks there including Lookout Mountain (if you're into that kinda thing).

Hahaha, every time we drive through Knoxville the dialogue is something like "Ugh stupid gross Knoxville! Stupid gold ball!" and haha when we drove through Chattanooga we commented on how pleasant it seemed. Even still, I regret having taken the southern route back. Next time, we're sticking to the usual way of going all the way through Tennessee and then through Arkansas.

OH THAT REMINDS ME

This time driving through Knoxville I said "WAIT is that stupid ugly gold tower the thing from the World's Fair? When I get home I need to google it!"

Actually the rest of the story in my head was "Because it looks like the one in The Simpsons and they say the gold ball is full of wigs!" but I didn't continue that part out loud in case I had no idea what I was talking about.

But it turns out, yeah, it's full of wigs.

IMG_6207.JPG

v2wlu8.jpg

ha

i found an olympus 35RC rangefinder yesterday for 50:- through SHEER FUCKING LUCK. i have been looking for this camera. it makes such a good friend with my trip 35 and OM-1. olympus in the 70's made such amazing cameras. if you don't think the above photo is hot stuff, you probably have a VERY NORMAL SEXUALITY that IN NO WAY INVOLVES OLD CRAPPY CAMERAS but anyway. fuck yeah

yo if anyone has any old olympus or pentax cameras lying around i want em