The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

:lol:
Love your knowledges about names, lurch. Especially if to consider that Svetlana means "the light one" in ancient Russian.

:lol:
Love your knowledges about names, lurch. Especially if to consider that Svetlana means "the light one" in ancient Russian.

let's not kid ourselves. the chances of finding a natural blonde in the old USSR territories are as slim as finding Jamaicans in Transilvania.

and stop messing with my fantasies :loco:

that's cool and a cool photo but deviantart is the absolute bottom of the humanity barrel -- not all of it but enough of it that i would never want to set my foot there

how wide is that, like 16-18 mm? this is cool i think, i'm so tired of people bringing just a 70-200 to concerts and coming home with the same stupid headshots of sweaty rockers everyone's seen a trillion times

that's cool and a cool photo but deviantart is the absolute bottom of the humanity barrel -- not all of it but enough of it that i would never want to set my foot there
I'm sick of your "buts", just be unconditionally happy for me at least once in a life time! :yell:

how wide is that, like 16-18 mm? this is cool i think, i'm so tired of people bringing just a 70-200 to concerts and coming home with the same stupid headshots of sweaty rockers everyone's seen a trillion times
It's 16-35/2.8. I'm totally in love with that lens. I haven't had anything wider than 50mm for 2 years, so it's like I'm satisfying my hunger now.
Yeah, I agree about the 70-200. I used to shoot with it a LOT and I thought it was awesome. Yet, all the photos come out the same, as you said. Now I realized that I dpn't even get so much pleasure from using it, I'd rather useв wide angle more often (at least at the places where you can get close to the stage\photopit, as wide angle is useless when you shoot far from stage).

I'm sick of your "buts", just be unconditionally happy for me at least once in a life time! :yell:
fine :loco: but really, if you ever want to lose all faith in humanity you should head into deviantart's more secluded, dark spots. the website name is apt, to say the least

EDIT: there's another "but" right there, i'm hopeless

It's 16-35/2.8. I'm totally in love with that lens. I haven't had anything wider than 50mm for 2 years, so it's like I'm satisfying my hunger now.
Yeah, I agree about the 70-200. I used to shoot with it a LOT and I thought it was awesome. Yet, all the photos come out the same, as you said. Now I realized that I dpn't even get so much pleasure from using it, I'd rather useв wide angle more often (at least at the places where you can get close to the stagephotopit, as wide angle is useless when you shoot far from stage).
this is good thinking. too often i see people bringing telephoto zooms into really dark, small inside venues and i can't for the life of me comprehend their thought process. probably "this long white lens will make me look all professional-like"

yeah that's a "funny" story. i wrote in the "write anything" thread about it. pretty much all k-5's (including mine) have some pretty horrible quality control issues, the internet is all up in flames about it. first the sensors were stained with some sort of oil or something, and then they can't focus properly in incandescent/low light. so mine is in for repair (but there is no actual solution to the problem yet, everyone's waiting for pentax japan to get off their ass and release new firmware)

it sort of put a damper on my enjoyment. i'm really unhappy with the way pentax is treating their customers and if they don't fix this shit real soon i'm possibly jumping to nikon, or at least downgrading to a k-7 (i have quite a few pentax mount lenses so switching systems is not really something i want to do)

the thing is the k-5 IS the camera i want, it's perfect for my purposes, i just wish it would fucking well work as advertised!

Damn, that's not cool. Yet, I wish you good luck in solving this problem - whether it would be a new camera or a new solution for this one.
Seriously, never give up!

yeah, thanks. whether this ends up getting fixed, or whether i get pissed off to the point i just fuck off and get a d300 instead, one thing that's for sure is i won't let BIG BUSINESS triumph over me. fuck 'em.

i won't let BIG BUSINESS triumph over me. fuck 'em.
You never know though... Sometimes it's worth it, really. I'm really satisfied with my Canon 5D, though its a big business thing too, 5D Mark II seems to be the same way to go, yet when I look at the photos taken by it - I'm mesmerized of the quality of the picture. Those damn bitches shoot with ISO 1600 and get no noise at all!
D300 seems to be a good thing (I like D700 and D3 more though :loco: )

i think you misunderstand. what i mean is every single camera company is "big business", just large heartless corporations. canon doesn't care, pentax doesn't care, nikon doesn't care. they care about one thing and that is getting big black numbers to show to their shareholders. if customer care is sometimes a profitable thing to pursue then we as customers are lucky, nothing else. that said, if i feel a particular company fucks me over enough that it's not practical to keep buying their products, i'm going to move to another company that seems to have more luck at the moment, but it truly is a crapshoot. i have no illusions that nikon or canon wouldn't also decide to ship faulty cameras if that was what made "financial sense".

that said, canon has had more than its fair share of QC problems too, maybe not with the 5D mkII, but the 1D mark III (or was it IV) was pretty flawed when it came out and that is a PRO GRADE body, for people who make their living off photography... they had to replace the entire mirror assembly on some bodies, af tracking didn't work right, oil from the mirror splurted onto the sensor... really embarassing stuff.

the lesson to learn here is not that company A is better than company B, but that these are products with an immense amount of complex electrical and mechanical systems in a very small space, and that shit's gonna go wrong. you might be lucky, you might not be. the lesson to learn is DON'T BE AN EARLY ADOPTER. buy something that has been out for six months or more, that has had its bugs fixed and that is proven to stand the test of time. and yes, the 5D mark II by now is a proven design. always stay one generation behind the curve is what i've always said, but this time i didn't take my own advice.

as for d700/d3/5d: yeah i'm not going full-frame, too expensive. and you would probably be amazed at how good the latest aps-c sensors in the k-5 and d7000 are. iso 1600 is not a problem, it goes up to 51200 (though admittedly anything above 6400 is kind of streching it.) for what it's worth, the 5d mark II gets its ass handed to it by the k-5 in certain areas. technology progresses quickly these days.

but yeah, all that doesn't matter if SHIT DON'T WORK.