The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

Just curious, how were you able to get a copy (since you are in Sweden)?
i emailed the label (i think profound lore handled this release?) and said "LISTEN. i know this is exclusive to the show and all, but REALLY; LISTEN. I NEED THIS. PALE FOLKLORE IS TO ME SIGNIFICANTLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY BULLSHIT LIFE. LET ME BUY IT. I WANT IT. I NEED IT. LET ME BUY IT" and he was all like "well OKAY but keep it on the down-low, don't want people getting jealous"

and now i have broken that promise

he was actually worried they wouldn't all sell, PFL was in the early stages back then.

great success - wooden boxsets became a thing

Haha good idea Erik. I wish I had though of that back in the day. Had the AATG wooden box, that one was pretty neat too.

i emailed the label (i think profound lore handled this release?) and said "LISTEN. i know this is exclusive to the show and all, but REALLY; LISTEN. I NEED THIS. PALE FOLKLORE IS TO ME SIGNIFICANTLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY BULLSHIT LIFE. LET ME BUY IT. I WANT IT. I NEED IT. LET ME BUY IT" and he was all like "well OKAY but keep it on the down-low, don't want people getting jealous"

This might be the best 10/10 review I've read in quite awhile.

Some albums are already really good. Some albums get significantly better on vinyl. Pale Folklore is both of those albums... at the same time.

Re: wooden boxes in general, I'm still kicking myself that I missed the Enslaved one... but not enough to shell out $250 for a set these days. Also, I suppose that finding the Agalloch collection for $99 shipped (red vinyl no less) was pretty cool, especially since I had already missed the initial release date for that as well. A happy accident when The End had that in stock, and I think I was searching for Sculptured CDs at the time, haha.

i love the shit out of pale folklore, was devastated and bitter about not getting that boxset probably for years, but at some point realized "hey this literally tree/bark with pieces of wax in it" and mellowed the fuck out

i think anyone with a copy that can get $1000 should sell it. money uber alles

i bought the opeth boxset and it kind of sucked. if i recall correctly it was the same guys that made the enslaved one.

if i could get rid of all my vinyl i probably would. possibly even the cds. im at the point where i'd just buy everything off bandcamp and place it on my server so that it's backed up/safe. fuck things

and sobriety

Mine is going up on eBay, that's for sure. I have a few other Agalloch vinyls as well + that wooded cd box with the bones.

I had that AAtG one. Wife sold it for me on eBay. She's still mad that the buyer never left her feedback.

:lol:

I think if my Agalloch collection could fetch enough to pay off my wife's car, I would sell it. EDIT: Or at least give it a passing thought or two.

Then again, ever since buying a house I give < 0 fucks about being in debt anymore. You win, fractional reserve lending! I relent, and spend.

i love the shit out of pale folklore, was devastated and bitter about not getting that boxset probably for years, but at some point realized "hey this literally tree/bark with pieces of wax in it" and mellowed the fuck out

i think anyone with a copy that can get $1000 should sell it. money uber alles

I know exactly what you mean. The actual content of the box isn't outrageously important, although it is quite cool.

When I was like 15, I had an original copy of the demo tape with all four members' autographs on the front. This is probably in 2003 or 2004 when they were not as well-known. I paid $90, which was a tidy sum for me back then. Sold it for $100 a few years later, along with numerous other highly collectible items, which J. probably still owns. I wish I wasn't such a fucking idiot as a teenager. Live and learn I guess. That tape is probably worth a fortune now.

Mine is going up on eBay, that's for sure. I have a few other Agalloch vinyls as well + that wooded cd box with the bones.

I sold mine about 7 years ago on Ebay for a good chunk of change. I wish I held onto them. I would put them up on Ebay tonight.

I had that AAtG one. Wife sold it for me on eBay. She's still mad that the buyer never left her feedback.

Re-confirmed this morning with a direct A/B comparison: Pale Folklore is indeed supreme on vinyl. To those of you selling off rare boxes, stop pretending that money has any value and spin that shit!

OT: I'm avoiding yardwork by playing with vinyl, sterilizing the drains, and cleaning my cast iron collection. Overall productivity remains level; I am currently finding these acts more spiritually fulfilling.