The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

Yeah man, shipping has been insane since March. I read a statistic from my work's FedEx rep the other day, they have been dealing with 2,000,000 more packages when compared to last year. That's 2,000,000 more packages......per day.

A few months ago I ordered a new laptop for work, which came from a store 30 miles away, shipped via an hub 15 miles away, and I paid for overnight shipping. It took 3 days to arrive.

I understand they are busier. But the question is....why didn't they see this coming and hire more people?

Amazon hired out the ass and they deliver on time. USPS....lol. But now that they have Frank on their team, I'm sure things will improve.

EDIT: Another thing is....when do I make a claim with Paypal? We have 6 months now, but at this pace, who knows.

I have one thats been in transit from pennsylvania since nov 6th. Are they fucking walking it to me?

Being a courier is more than just delivering stuff these days

giphy.gif

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I understand they are busier. But the question is....why didn't they see this coming and hire more people?

Amazon hired out the ass and they deliver on time. USPS....lol. But now that they have Frank on their team, I'm sure things will improve.

EDIT: Another thing is....when do I make a claim with Paypal? We have 6 months now, but at this pace, who knows.

Trump's usps dude has kinda been tanking services this year.

Yeah man, shipping has been insane since March. I read a statistic from my work's FedEx rep the other day, they have been dealing with 2,000,000 more packages when compared to last year. That's 2,000,000 more packages......per day.

A few months ago I ordered a new laptop for work, which came from a store 30 miles away, shipped via an hub 15 miles away, and I paid for overnight shipping. It took 3 days to arrive.

I'm the shipping manager at my family's company and this year has been an absolute NIGHTMARE. All of UPS and FedEx Express (that's 3-day, 2-day or overnight shipments) put a hold on their delivery guarantees in March, and everything is still on hold to this day. If you sent something to a customer overnight and it didn't show up the next day, then you used to be able to call your rep and you'd instantly have the amount credited off of your account. This happened to us maybe 1-3 times each year, which is totally acceptable. In April we started seeing 7-15 business days for ground shipments and it didn't matter where they were going. CT to MA? CT to CA? It could take days or weeks.

We tried to overnight some parts to a customer in California THREE TIMES IN A ROW and they never received a single package. The tracking just went dead the next morning and UPS would say "sorry, we're not guaranteeing anything right now." I honestly think they were probably dumped somewhere. And keep in mind, this is money out of our pocket. No refunds. We were shipping stuff and telling customers "We don't know when its going to get there and we can't do anything if it doesn't show up." It was absolute madness for a while. Things with UPS and FedEx Express (not talking about FedEx Ground because they ALWAYS suck) have bounced back to about 80-90% of their original service quality. USPS is another story, they're at an all-time low right now.

i think complaints about the postal service are pretty universal because hoo boy don't get me started on the swedish post

I totally get where you guys are coming from. It's frustrating that within the last 15 years or so, I've watched the USPS devolve from a once proud institution with great prices and transparent service into a COMPLETE PILE OF SHIT. Obviously the current presidential administration had a lot to do with this. It can't be denied, this is a factual situation. The worst part is that they weren't even able to suppress enough votes to sway the election; they were only able to fuck over American people carrying out their normal daily purchasing and activities (yet again). I remember when the Noltem demo came out, it cost approximately $7.00 to send a tape to Europe. These days you're looking at $30 and beyond. It's fucking crazy!

Edit: I should also mention that my complaints in the previous post are really in reference to commercial shipping with private carriers. I'm talking about a credit card customer paying you $90 to have a 1lb package overnighted across the country. 99% of the time, the package got there on time. You were paying for that guarantee. When that kind of shit starts to fall apart, then it becomes really difficult to do business.

Last edited:
Yep. In the past couple months, USPS has lost two CD's that I have purchased on Amazon. Both were shipped within the country. Luckily, I was refunded for both.

I bought a CD on Discogs that was shipped out a little over a month ago from Slovakia. I'm not keeping my hopes up for it to arrive.

Im making sure i use paypal for everything. I will give everything a few months to arrive (when it used to arrive within a week back in the good ol days of 2019) and them make a claim

I bought a CD on Discogs that was shipped out a little over a month ago from Slovakia. I'm not keeping my hopes up for it to arrive.

It might still show up. I had stuff from Germany arrive recently after 1-2 months (one was over 2 months) when I used to get stuff from there in 2 weeks. I heard that at some point they were sending international packages via boat. I ordered 2 CDs from Russia in March and they ended up traveling sea mail and I got them in June or July.

Jesus Fuckin' Christ!

I've been keeping tabs on his seller feedback to gauge what the other buyer's are experiencing.

Brings new meaning to the term "snail mail."

Last edited:
I went to the post office yesterday to mail some packages. After each package was processed he said they should arrive to the address in a week. I looked at him and laughed and said some of my own packages are taking over a month.

He said "not much we can do when people dont come to work".

So basically he admitted that he was lying about the ETAs

Yeah, I order stuff from overseas quite often and have been blessed to have only had one package go missing (even though I order from shady countries like Mexico and Brazil - the lost one was sent from France - I blame @Ellestin ). However, a lot of stuff is taking FOREVER. It was the absolute worst with orders placed in March and April, steadily improved over the summer, and returned to near normal in September. Lately things have been slowing down again but I've recently gotten packages in from Russia, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, and even Malta.

USPS has generally been fine for me but I have the occasional package hit a snag at a distribution center (usually Seattle, Pittsburgh, or in one case, Atlanta) and not move for a week or more before eventually continuing on their way.

Just checked....I have THREE packages that arrived at the post office 3 miles from my house ONE WEEK AGO.

WTF?!

edit: Another apparently went from Stamford, CT to Providence, RI back to Stamford, CT. :lol:

:erk:

Go pick em up. Just have the tracking.

Ive had to do this on numerous occasions. I live in a gated apt complex. Every once in a while my tracking will say that the carrier couldnt access the property. Give me a break.