The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

One of my packages moved! Holy shit. Its at the North Houston Distribution Center.

Now. I live just north of Houston. In the bygone days it would arrive tomorrow. Lets see how long it takes.

Another package finally made it to Des Moines, Iowa. Now that wouldnt be a bad thing, except it took a week to get there from Springfield, Ohio. That's literally two states away. Took fucking 7 days. Frank, seriously, wtf.

The tracking for my package that has been in transit for over a month from Pennsylvania changed. It now shows a big ass red mark where the green "in transit" bubble is and says "High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time."

Do I have a fucking choice, USPS?

Just checked....I have THREE packages that arrived at the post office 3 miles from my house ONE WEEK AGO.

WTF?!

edit: Another apparently went from Stamford, CT to Providence, RI back to Stamford, CT. :lol:

:erk:

Yup. I had one that was SHIPPED at a facility in Connecticut, which then made it to my town and was promptly sent off to Greenfield, MA for some reason. Once it got there, they must have seen the address and then dumped it. The tracking went dead for days and I eventually got a refund.

We ship 100-200 packages a week at work, but I pretty much refuse to use USPS. We have a few customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and the USVI for whom we make an exception. I mean... a 30lb package to the USVI via Priority Mail is approx $50 with insurance, and for FedEx Express it's about $250. You can understand why they have that preference. 2 out of 4 USPS orders have been completely lost since November. These were sturdy, reinforced boxes with $2500 worth of stainless steel inside. Just vanished, one didn't even receive an update after it left the post office in our home town. This shit is not normal and there's basically zero accountability on their part. Like... how does a box like that just disappear between a small town in CT and a distribution center in Springfield, MA?

USPS efficiency:

I had a package that originated in San Antonio, TX travel to Dallas in order to be delivered in Corpus Christi.

In non-Texas terms that's like sending a package 3-5 states in the wrong direction.

Sounds about right. I'm in Dallas and recently had a package from Houston go through Nashville before reaching Dallas.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Yup. I had one that was SHIPPED at a facility in Connecticut, which then made it to my town and was promptly sent off to Greenfield, MA for some reason. Once it got there, they must have seen the address and then dumped it. The tracking went dead for days and I eventually got a refund.

We ship 100-200 packages a week at work, but I pretty much refuse to use USPS. We have a few customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and the USVI for whom we make an exception. I mean... a 30lb package to the USVI via Priority Mail is approx $50 with insurance, and for FedEx Express it's about $250. You can understand why they have that preference. 2 out of 4 USPS orders have been completely lost since November. These were sturdy, reinforced boxes with $2500 worth of stainless steel inside. Just vanished, one didn't even receive an update after it left the post office in our home town. This shit is not normal and there's basically zero accountability on their part. Like... how does a box like that just disappear between a small town in CT and a distribution center in Springfield, MA?

You're exactly right re: ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY. I once filed a complaint to the USPS about an mp3 player not being delivered. I physically saw the mailman make the delivery with my own eyes, got the notification that it was delivered, but the package was NOT in my mailbox. All they came back with was "well, the mailman says he delivered it." THE FUCK?!

I realize that shitty people are probably trying to make false claims all the time but c'mon man. Luckily, Newegg took my word for it and promptly shipped out another one.

I've done that twice recently. In both the how do you wipe and best skepticism album threads. Admittedly two quite different thread topics, but both worthwhile.

Reactions: NAD
I realize that shitty people are probably trying to make false claims all the time but c'mon man. Luckily, Newegg took my word for it and promptly shipped out another one.

That's the problem. $2500 worth of steel goes missing, USPS says "I don't know, maybe we'll honor your claim... or not.", and meanwhile we charged some guy's credit card for the merchandise and they want their fucking steel (or their money, but usually the steel). It's a total lose/lose situation, SO THIS IS WHY FUCK THE USPS

31f71db433d2db1f493e13b57ab15d0b.png

Reactions: SonOfNun and MFJ
That's the problem. $2500 worth of steel goes missing, USPS says "I don't know, maybe we'll honor your claim... or not.", and meanwhile we charged some guy's credit card for the merchandise and they want their fucking steel (or their money, but usually the steel). It's a total lose/lose situation, SO THIS IS WHY FUCK THE USPS

Don't you guys insure shit?

Don't you guys insure shit?

Of course we do! The problem is when you ship a regular Priority package that typically gets to its destination in 3-4 days max. People are up your ass with the "where's my stuff" calls after a week, and then you check the tracking and it hasn't updated beyond "departed from your home town" on the day the post office accepted it. They won't even allow you to file a claim until 15 days after the mailing date, and it can take weeks (if not months) to get your money back. Sometimes you re-send the order, file a claim, and the original package shows up before someone can take a look at the claim. Then you're paying the customer to cover the shipping charge just to send it back to you.

As far as "how does a package like that go missing?", your guess is as good as mine. I should specify that these are delicately machined stainless steel sailboat parts or architectural turnbuckles. Shit like that. But it's an honest and valid question. How is it that the package was scanned when it left the original post office, and then it suddenly disappears without a trace before it makes it to the next hub?

One of my packages moved! Holy shit. Its at the North Houston Distribution Center.

Now. I live just north of Houston. In the bygone days it would arrive tomorrow. Lets see how long it takes.

It arrived! Spank my ass and call me Shirley. Only 7 more packages to go