The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

Yeah we may have to collectively dumb it down in the drunk thread this weekend. I (attempted to) read your papers swizzle and I didn't even recognize it as English.

"Would anybody tell me, if I was getting... stupider?"

Also I just downloaded a PDF file from RC. That's a first, I think. Looking forward to reading and headbanging to your thesis, spikes! :kickass:

Reactions: swizzlenuts
Congrats swizzle, awesome work there! That biochem wankery is dense though :yow: You can't
even imagine some of the absolute drivel papers coming out of teaching programs---it's starting to trickle down
into k-12, "professional development":puke:

Speaking of drivel, I wrote a paper back in 2011-2012 about teh heavy metuls (with some punk) as part of my
masters thesis. It was fun, and at the time there wasn't a ton of books on death/black metal (much more now).
A lot of it will be common knowledge to tr00 RCer's, but if anyone has the time give it a skim!

Yes, the paper actually came out to 666kb :headbang:

The wankery is NOT from my writing. Professor are really good at that, and I suck. Unfortunately, work in very specific fields needs some of the jargon/wankery because it's so complex. WIthout the jargon people would be even more confused. We were rejected on our first submission because we weren't clear enough, due to being slightly inexperienced in the field.

Awesome! Another UM poster is a classics scholar, and he's currently writing up a paper about right wing ideology in black metal.

Yeah we may have to collectively dumb it down in the drunk thread this weekend. I (attempted to) read your papers swizzle and I didn't even recognize it as English.

"Would anybody tell me, if I was getting... stupider?"

Also I just downloaded a PDF file from RC. That's a first, I think. Looking forward to reading and headbanging to your thesis, spikes! :kickass:
One interesting thing I find about being active in the sciences is that conferences and presentations are where we actually try to make the information easily accessible, compared to a paper where we just infodump. Yearly conferences do more for science than papers, and we spend a fuckload of time on papers

Hello! Does anyone (and by anyone, I mean @einride and that other guy whose name I have forgotten, I think he laid down some sickening sepulchral voice on one of the songs) have the old Jewish Dickwound mp3s lying around somewhere on an old IDE or even USB HD? Never forget the important and controversial hit songs "Cadaver Falafel" and "Rapist Rabbi"!

EDIT: The guy whose name I previously had forgotten is none other than the legendary @spikes77

Who else remembers when fans willingly gave Wintersun over $500,000 and then the band did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER with the money (over three years ago)?

Hello! Does anyone (and by anyone, I mean @einride and that other guy whose name I have forgotten, I think he laid down some sickening sepulchral voice on one of the songs) have the old Jewish Dickwound mp3s lying around somewhere on an old IDE or even USB HD? Never forget the important and controversial hit songs "Cadaver Falafel" and "Rapist Rabbi"!

EDIT: The guy whose name I previously had forgotten is none other than the legendary @spikes77

hahahaha that would be amazing if someone has this. I think i mentioned this classic track to my wife one time, I believe the last part was, "rabbi rapist--raping for eternity" --- true poetry :rofl:

lmao are you sure i was involved because i barely remember this existing and i certainly don't remember being involved

Who else remembers when fans willingly gave Wintersun over $500,000 and then the band did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER with the money (over three years ago)?
this has been one of my favourite internet dramas to follow, it's so stupid

hahahaha that would be amazing if someone has this. I think i mentioned this classic track to my wife one time, I believe the last part was, "rabbi rapist--raping for eternity" --- true poetry :rofl:

Haha, that's true, amazing and thought-provoking poetry :lol:

Yeah, Erik was on percussion duty (pots and pans) on one of the songs (Cadaver Falafel?), and conjured up a demolishing guitar part on Rapist Rabbi :headbang:

I read this story but not until AFTER I bought an album of theirs for $20 at a comic convention. The artwork and presentation had me at hello. The music itself sucks! But I still listen to it once a year in hopes of somehow getting my money's worth.

Well just for the record, I LOVE their s/t. It's easily a 9/10 album for me. The poor guy is trying to come up with something on the same level, but he wrote it like 25 years ago. It's never going to happen. "Time" has some awesome moments with a bunch of mediocre filler in between. "The Forest Seasons" is what people received for donating to their Indiegogo (like the campaign to raise money for recording an actual good album or something?), so you can imagine the quality of that one....

That's the one I bought! Man it is really ungood. I mean no disrespect intended* but it's like a really, really shitty version of The Green Album from Woods of Ypres.

I guess I should check out the self-titled but I feel like a jilted lover already.

*to David Gold, RIP buddy

That's the one I bought! Man it is really ungood. I mean no disrespect intended* but it's like a really, really shitty version of The Green Album from Woods of Ypres.

I guess I should check out the self-titled but I feel like a jilted lover already.

*to David Gold, RIP buddy

Oof! That's a bad introduction! The s/t is worth your time, but only if you can deal with the cheese level being cranked up to 11. Jokes aside, there are some beautiful examples of strong songwriting on that album.

I should check it out, one day about 7 years ago I fully embraced the cheese and never looked back. That's also around the time I finally started taking air guitar petty seriously.